Review: could Omeprazole cause Impaired memory (Memory loss)?
Summary: Impaired memory is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,118 have Impaired memory. Find out below who they are, when they have Impaired memory and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Impaired memory >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,879 Omeprazole users)
Impaired memory has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Impaired memory patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 1,118 people (1.24%) have Impaired Memory.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Impaired memory * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Impaired memory||16.39%||13.11%||14.75%||13.11%||16.39%||21.31%||4.92% |
Gender of people who have Impaired memory when taking Omeprazole * :
|Impaired memory||63.07%||36.93% |
Age of people who have Impaired memory when taking Omeprazole * :
|Impaired memory||0.00%||0.10%||1.17%||1.27%||5.28%||20.04%||24.73%||47.41% |
Severity of Impaired memory when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Impaired memory||13.04%||58.70%||26.09%||2.17% |
How people recovered from Impaired memory ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Impaired memory||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (139 people, 12.43%)
- Pain (125 people, 11.18%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (106 people, 9.48%)
- Hypertension (99 people, 8.86%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (70 people, 6.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (217 people, 19.41%)
- Simvastatin (199 people, 17.80%)
- Folic acid (123 people, 11.00%)
- Lisinopril (115 people, 10.29%)
- Furosemide (114 people, 10.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and impaired memory on
Do you have Impaired Memory while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Impaired Memory
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Impaired Memory
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Indapamide for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Sweating Increased, Anxiety, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching, Angioedema
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.