Review: could Omeprazole cause Loose stools?
Summary: Loose stools is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Loose stools >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,351 Loose stools patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 28 people (0.03%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Loose stools when taking Omeprazole * :
|Loose stools||48.28%||51.72% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Omeprazole * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.00%||24.00%||68.00% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 7.14%)
- Pain (2 people, 7.14%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 3.57%)
- Preventive health care (1 people, 3.57%)
- Depression (1 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (7 people, 25.00%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 17.86%)
- Methotrexate (4 people, 14.29%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 14.29%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and loose stools on
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Tribenzor, Rapaflo for a 67-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis, Hbp, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Linzess for a 43-year old woman with Heartburn, Acne Pustular. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.