Home > Omeprazole > Loose stools > Omeprazole and Loose stools
Review: could Omeprazole cause Loose stools?
We study 89,814 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Loose stools >>>
Omeprazole (latest outcomes from 92,674 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Loose stools (latest reports from 9,289 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 89,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 28 people (0.03%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Loose stools when taking Omeprazole * :
|Loose stools||48.28%||51.72% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Omeprazole * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.00%||24.00%||68.00% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 7.14%)
- Pain (2 people, 7.14%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 3.57%)
- Preventive health care (1 people, 3.57%)
- Depression (1 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (7 people, 25.00%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 17.86%)
- Methotrexate (4 people, 14.29%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 14.29%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Omeprazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Both my wife (age 54) and I have suffered from loose bowels and soft stool since changing from Prilosec to Zegrid OTC.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- While taking omeprazole, how can i reverse the constipation it causes?
Since I began taking Omeprazole for GERD, my bowel movements are much smaller and it is causing me to gain weight, especially around my belly due to accumulated fecal matter. What non-laxative can I take, while taking Omeprazole, to increase my bowel movements back to normal?
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Omeprazole, Loose stools
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
More reviews for: Omeprazole, Loose stools
On eHealthMe, Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Omeprazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Omeprazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (3 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Zoloft, Cytomel, Synthroid for a 55-year old woman who has Hashimoto's Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- N 6 Essential Fatty Acids
- Double Vision
- Linaria Vulgaris