Review: could Omeprazole cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,963 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,879 Omeprazole users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 2,963 people (3.29%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||51.22%||22.56%||8.54%||4.88%||9.76%||0.61%||2.44% |
Gender of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole * :
|Lower blood pressure||47.20%||52.80% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.07%||1.14%||1.67%||2.48%||5.18%||8.62%||14.69%||66.16% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||21.43%||35.71%||35.71%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||22.22%||11.11%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (358 people, 12.08%)
- Pain (163 people, 5.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (132 people, 4.45%)
- Multiple myeloma (121 people, 4.08%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (121 people, 4.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (705 people, 23.79%)
- Furosemide (442 people, 14.92%)
- Simvastatin (363 people, 12.25%)
- Lisinopril (359 people, 12.12%)
- Lasix (352 people, 11.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and lower blood pressure on
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Tribenzor, Rapaflo for a 67-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis, Hbp, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Linzess for a 43-year old woman with Heartburn, Acne Pustular. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.