Review: could Omeprazole cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,963 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 2,963 people (3.29%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||51.22%||22.56%||8.54%||4.88%||9.76%||0.61%||2.44% |
Gender of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole * :
|Lower blood pressure||47.20%||52.80% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.07%||1.14%||1.67%||2.48%||5.18%||8.62%||14.69%||66.16% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||21.43%||35.71%||35.71%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||22.22%||11.11%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (358 people, 12.08%)
- Pain (163 people, 5.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (132 people, 4.45%)
- Multiple myeloma (121 people, 4.08%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (121 people, 4.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (705 people, 23.79%)
- Furosemide (442 people, 14.92%)
- Simvastatin (363 people, 12.25%)
- Lisinopril (359 people, 12.12%)
- Lasix (352 people, 11.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and lower blood pressure on
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 55-year old man with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Barrett's Esophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach), Ischemic Colitis (inflammation and injury of the large intestine result from inadequate blood)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.