Review: could Omeprazole cause Nerve damage - diabetic (Diabetic neuropathy)?
Summary: Nerve damage - diabetic is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Nerve damage - diabetic. Find out below who they are, when they have Nerve damage - diabetic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Nerve damage - diabetic >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Nerve damage - diabetic
Nerve damage - diabetic (nerve damage due to high blood sugar level) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, sleep disorder, diabetes. (latest reports from 6,764 Nerve damage - diabetic patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 89,946 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 75 people (0.08%) have Nerve Damage - Diabetic.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Nerve damage - diabetic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nerve damage - diabetic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nerve damage - diabetic when taking Omeprazole * :
|Nerve damage - diabetic||37.04%||62.96% |
Age of people who have Nerve damage - diabetic when taking Omeprazole * :
|Nerve damage - diabetic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.73%||23.64%||25.45%||38.18% |
Severity of Nerve damage - diabetic when taking Omeprazole ** :
How people recovered from Nerve damage - diabetic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (21 people, 28.00%)
- Sleep disorder (17 people, 22.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 20.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 16.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (27 people, 36.00%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 36.00%)
- Simvastatin (22 people, 29.33%)
- Insulin (22 people, 29.33%)
- Lisinopril (19 people, 25.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nerve Damage - Diabetic while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Nerve Damage - Diabetic
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Nerve Damage - Diabetic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Indigestion.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Zyrtec, Prilosec for a 35-year old woman with Fluid In Ears, Fluid In Ears, Acid Reflux.
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.