Review: could Omeprazole cause Orthostatic hypotension?
Summary: Orthostatic hypotension is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 228 have Orthostatic hypotension. Find out below who they are, when they have Orthostatic hypotension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Orthostatic hypotension >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Orthostatic hypotension (a medical condition consisting of a sudden decrease in blood pressure when a person stands up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma, pain, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 7,180 Orthostatic hypotension patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 228 people (0.25%) have Orthostatic Hypotension.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Orthostatic hypotension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Orthostatic hypotension||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Orthostatic hypotension when taking Omeprazole * :
|Orthostatic hypotension||49.14%||50.86% |
Age of people who have Orthostatic hypotension when taking Omeprazole * :
|Orthostatic hypotension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.48%||1.44%||1.44%||13.94%||82.69% |
Severity of Orthostatic hypotension when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Orthostatic hypotension||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Orthostatic hypotension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Orthostatic hypotension||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (30 people, 13.16%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 9.21%)
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 7.89%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 6.14%)
- Pain (13 people, 5.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (72 people, 31.58%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (41 people, 17.98%)
- Zometa (34 people, 14.91%)
- Vitamin d (31 people, 13.60%)
- Furosemide (30 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and orthostatic hypotension on
Do you have Orthostatic Hypotension while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Orthostatic Hypotension
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Orthostatic Hypotension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Toviaz, Omeprazole, Eliquis, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 63-year old woman with Chronic Depression, Urinary Incontinence, Heartburn - Chronic, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura, Breathlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 65-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Saliva Altered
- A study of drug interactions between Valsartan, Janumet, Omeprazole for a 72-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.