Review: could Omeprazole cause Spinal compression fracture?
Summary: Spinal compression fracture is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Spinal compression fracture. Find out below who they are, when they have Spinal compression fracture and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Spinal compression fracture >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,879 Omeprazole users)
Spinal compression fracture
Spinal compression fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 4,520 Spinal compression fracture patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 89,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 154 people (0.17%) have Spinal Compression Fracture.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Spinal compression fracture * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Spinal compression fracture||37.50%||50.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Omeprazole * :
|Spinal compression fracture||70.35%||29.65% |
Age of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Omeprazole * :
|Spinal compression fracture||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.63%||0.00%||6.92%||18.87%||73.58% |
Severity of Spinal compression fracture when taking Omeprazole ** :
How people recovered from Spinal compression fracture ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (29 people, 18.83%)
- Osteoporosis (25 people, 16.23%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 14.94%)
- Metastases to bone (21 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 12.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (68 people, 44.16%)
- Aredia (52 people, 33.77%)
- Aspirin (47 people, 30.52%)
- Decadron (44 people, 28.57%)
- Furosemide (34 people, 22.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spinal Compression Fracture while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Spinal Compression Fracture
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Spinal Compression Fracture
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Indigestion.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Zyrtec, Prilosec for a 35-year old woman with Fluid In Ears, Fluid In Ears, Acid Reflux.
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.