Review: could Omeprazole cause Taste - impaired?
Summary: Taste - impaired is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 89,994 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 380 have Taste - impaired. Find out below who they are, when they have Taste - impaired and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Taste - impaired >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,893 Omeprazole users)
Taste - impaired
Taste - impaired has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,319 Taste - impaired patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 380 people (0.42%) have Taste - Impaired.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Taste - impaired * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Taste - impaired||37.50%||20.83%||8.33%||16.67%||12.50%||4.17%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Taste - impaired when taking Omeprazole * :
|Taste - impaired||71.90%||28.10% |
Age of people who have Taste - impaired when taking Omeprazole * :
|Taste - impaired||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.15%||4.73%||17.03%||18.93%||56.15% |
Severity of Taste - impaired when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Taste - impaired||0.00%||37.50%||50.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Taste - impaired ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Taste - impaired||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (65 people, 17.11%)
- Depression (36 people, 9.47%)
- Hypertension (35 people, 9.21%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (33 people, 8.68%)
- Prophylaxis (29 people, 7.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (66 people, 17.37%)
- Prilosec (39 people, 10.26%)
- Lisinopril (37 people, 9.74%)
- Zometa (36 people, 9.47%)
- Simvastatin (35 people, 9.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and taste - impaired on
Do you have Taste - Impaired while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Taste - Impaired
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Taste - Impaired
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching, Angioedema
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Tribenzor, Rapaflo for a 67-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis, Hbp, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.