Review: could Omeprazole cause Thirst - excessive?
Summary: Thirst - excessive is found among people who take Omeprazole, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 89,969 people who have side effects while taking Omeprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Thirst - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Thirst - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Thirst - excessive >>>
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 92,866 Omeprazole users)
Thirst - excessive
Thirst - excessive has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, diabetes. (latest reports from 2,773 Thirst - excessive patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 89,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Omeprazole. Among them, 59 people (0.07%) have Thirst - Excessive.
Time on Omeprazole when people have Thirst - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thirst - excessive||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thirst - excessive when taking Omeprazole * :
|Thirst - excessive||53.57%||46.43% |
Age of people who have Thirst - excessive when taking Omeprazole * :
|Thirst - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||10.87%||41.30%||39.13% |
Severity of Thirst - excessive when taking Omeprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Thirst - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Thirst - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Thirst - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 16.95%)
- Bone disorder (8 people, 13.56%)
- Headache (5 people, 8.47%)
- Pain (4 people, 6.78%)
- Analgesia (4 people, 6.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 16.95%)
- Glyburide (10 people, 16.95%)
- Novolog (8 people, 13.56%)
- Gemfibrozil (8 people, 13.56%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (8 people, 13.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of omeprazole and thirst - excessive on
Do you have Thirst - Excessive while taking Omeprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Thirst - Excessive
- support group for people who take Omeprazole
- support group for people who have Thirst - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 57-year old man with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Anastrozole, Zoloft for a 66-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic, Breast Cancer In Situ, Depression. The patient has Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Prilosec, Claritin for a 48-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Recent Omeprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.