Home > Onglyza > Pancreatitis > Onglyza and Pancreatitis
Review: could Onglyza cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Onglyza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 2,676 people who have side effects while taking Onglyza from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Onglyza and have Pancreatitis >>>
Onglyza (latest outcomes from 2,713 users) has active ingredients of saxagliptin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,653 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Onglyza. Among them, 162 people (6.06%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Onglyza when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Onglyza * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Onglyza * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Onglyza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (38 people, 23.46%)
- Diabetes mellitus (36 people, 22.22%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (16 people, 9.88%)
- Swelling (12 people, 7.41%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 2.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (32 people, 19.75%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 12.96%)
- Synthroid (18 people, 11.11%)
- Lantus (17 people, 10.49%)
- Crestor (17 people, 10.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Onglyza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Onglyza and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Onglyza
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does onglyza cause easy sunburn
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Sunburn, and takes Onglyza)
I started taking Onglyza about 8 months ago. In January I went to Cancun Mexico and after being in the sun (74 degrees)for no more than 20 minutes I had a bad sunburn. I usually tan with little burning. Could the drug have caused this?
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
- Does methadone cause pancreatitis
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride)
I have been taking percocet long term for low back pain. I've been trying to break away from percocet & am only taking 1/4th of a percocet 10, 4x daily. Also now taking methedone 2x day. Have pancreas pain & have had pancreatitis several times over the years. I have not drank alcohol for 30+ yea ...
- My husband is taking creon for pancreas inflammation. he has been experiencing constipation. is it safe for him to take a stool softener while taking the creon?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Creon)
He has been taking Creon for about a month now, and has been experiencing some discomfort from constipation. Not sure what is safe for him to take over the counter
- Having chills since started taking onglyza
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Diabetic, and takes Onglyza)
this is just my guess that i started chills since i start taking onglyza . this medicine is working best for me .i hate to think because of that i have this condition.i have dr mintz and she run all the test possible.all test normal.she does not know the reason for chills.please help me.what other ...
More questions for: Onglyza, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
More reviews for: Onglyza, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Ambien, Fioricet W/ Codeine, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Onglyza, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Benicar Hct, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Complicated Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vitamin D Abnormal, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension. The patient has Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Depression Aggravated, Aggression Aggravated, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Recently Dxd w/ toxic multinodular goiter/hyperthyroidism. Fibromyalgia for 20+ years. Had to titrate off Savella 100 mg. BID due to hyperthyroidism. Now all above symptoms have worsened. Because thyroid blood work was in normal range ( although I had been on low iodine diet for 2 months, which shou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Creon, Diovan, Metformin, Onglyza, Sertraline, Wellbutrin XL, Pantoprazole Sodium, Lipitor, Lovaza, Zyrtec, Xyzal for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, High Blood Pressure, Type 1 Diabetes, Anxiety, Depression, Surgery, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Allergy, Coughing Reaction From Lisonopril. The patient has
Comments: Is Diovan affecting my in-take of Creon? I had a Whipple Surgery this year and Creon helps me retain some of the food I eat. Otherwise, the fat in food makes me go to the bathroom endlessly due to lack of enzymes from my partial pancrea (cut the head of pancrea to remove a benign tumor). I was ta ...
More related studies for: Onglyza, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.