Review: could Orencia cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Orencia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 5,850 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 104 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Orencia and have Cough >>>
Orencia has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (view latest outcomes from 5,931 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Cough 73,998 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 5,850 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 104 people (1.78%) have Cough.
Time on Orencia when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Orencia * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Orencia * :
Severity of Cough when taking Orencia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (70 people, 67.31%)
- Glaucoma (10 people, 9.62%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (2 people, 1.92%)
- Juvenile arthritis (2 people, 1.92%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 0.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (33 people, 31.73%)
- Folic acid (20 people, 19.23%)
- Prednisone (17 people, 16.35%)
- Furosemide (12 people, 11.54%)
- Allopurinol (11 people, 10.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Orencia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Cough
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel, Humira, Methotrexate, Orencia)
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
- Myself and my two children started with a cold and in a matter of a day or two we all have pink goopy eyes cough and severe jaw pain what could this be???
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Pink Eye, Cough, Pain In Jaw)
my children ages 2 and 4 caught the cold first but within two day the entire household had pink eye cough and jaw pain
- How long does the coughing last when starting provigil
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Coughing, and takes Provigil, Provigil)
I'm new on Provigil and it works for me, but I have a deep chest cough that won't go away. Apparently this gets better with time. Any one else experience something similar?
More questions for: Orencia, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Cough, and takes DayQuil)
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
- I took accutane and i had lymphoma
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Chest X-ray Abnormal, Cough, and takes Yaz, Accutane)
I am not sure how this is linked but the facts are consistent with the study already done. Taking accutane for 1-6 months being female and having lymphoma at age 35
More reviews for: Orencia, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Urecholine for a patient with Neurogenic Bladder. The patient has Cough
Comments: Mom has bouts of uncontrollable coughing. She was found barely breathing and foaming at the mouth (phlegm). After she was sunctioned and given oxygen she seemed to improve but was transported to hospital. Numerous tests were done (blood and chest xrays). She was released as there was no reason to ...
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Reddened Rashes On Cheeks, Chin & Forehead, Rashes (redness)
Comments: Facial rashers developed 2 days after 2nd week of orencia injection. Still dealing with the rashes 3 weeks after it started. Had to be given kenalog injection and have to wait out for rashes to go away:(
More related studies for: Orencia, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.