Home > Orencia > Mouth ulcers > Orencia and Mouth ulcers
Review: could Orencia cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Orencia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 5,847 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Orencia and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Orencia (latest outcomes from 5,927 users) has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Mouth ulcers (latest reports from 71,078 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 5,844 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 35 people (0.60%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Orencia when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia * :
|Mouth ulcers||93.10%||6.90% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||7.69%||3.85%||23.08%||3.85%||53.85% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 48.57%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 5.71%)
- Contraception (2 people, 5.71%)
- Juvenile arthritis (2 people, 5.71%)
- Hypovitaminosis (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (14 people, 40.00%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 17.14%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 17.14%)
- Meloxicam (4 people, 11.43%)
- Mobic (4 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Orencia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel, Humira, Methotrexate, Orencia)
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
- Orencia and bladder infections. i have never had a real bladder infection, i have ic, but no infection. sine starting the orenica 3 shots, does orencia cause infections of the bladder?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Orencia)
I have had 3 injections of Orencia, the first one flared up my bladder, 3 shots later and now it feels like it is a sinus infection, can orencia cause this? I have never had one before.
- Can someone develope myasthenia gravis from botox injections for migraines if they also have fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polyarthritis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lymphedema, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Optic Neuritis, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Acid Reflux, Hyperglycaemia, Menorrhagia, Endometriosis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Dulera, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Novolog, Imitrex, Singulair, HCTZ, Nexium, Orencia, Plaquenil, Proventil-hfa, Synthroid, Tricor, Voltaren, Ondansetron, Percocet, Naproxen, Cyproheptadine Hydrocloride, Zaleplon, Furosemide, Levemir)
i have multiple auto immune issues and have had chronic migraines for many years. the doctor decided that botox was my last chance to help these headaches. i started having symptoms of myasthenia gravis after the second round of botox. my head became so hard to hold up and straight. swallowing probl ...
- Has anyone developed myastenia gravis after botox for migraines
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Endometriosis, MAGNESIUM METABOLISM DISORDER, Anemia - Iron Deficiency, Menorrhagia, Gout, Migraine With Aura, Lymphadenopathy, Leukocytosis, Insomnia, Optic Neuritis, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Neuropathy, Acid Reflux, Hypertension, Polyarthritis, Osteoporosis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Diabetes Mellitus, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Imitrex, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Mirapex, Nexium, Novolog, Orencia, Plaquenil, Proventil-hfa, Singulair, Synthroid, TRICOR, Voltaren, Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Dulera, Naproxen, Zaleplon, Percocet, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Mestinon, Furosemide, Levemir, Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
I have many auto immune problems and severe migraines. the doctors have tried everything that my medications and allergies will allow. then we tried botox. by the second set of injections i was having trouble holding my head up and swallowing. he avoided the paraspinal area after that but continued ...
More questions for: Orencia, Mouth ulcers
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
(Posted by a 18 year old girl who has Depression - Adolescents, Lip Pain, Lip Bleeding, Lip Cracking, Fever Between 99.9 And 102.6 Fahrenheit, Hot Flashes, Ulcer - Mouth, Steven-Johnsons Syndrome, and takes Zoloft)
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers Caused By Losartaor Zetia, Mouth Ulceration, and takes Zetia)
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects ...
- Slowing getting better from mouth ulcers
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers)
I took one Malerone pill and got bleeding mouth ulcers. Only one- then I stopped due to the issue I did not go on my safari but returned to Chicago. Ten days later it is slowly resolving with antibacterial mouth wash. Very scary- never had any issues with malerone before. Do not take any other ...
More reviews for: Orencia, Mouth ulcers
- A study of drug interactions between Clinoril, Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Light Sensitivity
Comments: The sensitivity seems worse in the fall/winter months of the year. When in sunlight, I struggle to keep my eyes open.
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Metoprolol Succinate, Crestor, Zicam for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Heart Disease, Common Cold. The patient has Mouth Ulceration
Comments: since taking the zicam i have had a sore mouth
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Mouth Ulcers
Comments: this happened today in the morning after my first 2 days of taking this drug & eating & sucking on the tablet
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Reddened Rashes On Cheeks, Chin & Forehead, Rashes (redness)
Comments: Facial rashers developed 2 days after 2nd week of orencia injection. Still dealing with the rashes 3 weeks after it started. Had to be given kenalog injection and have to wait out for rashes to go away:(
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a patient with RA. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: In spite of treatments I sleep over 10+ hours a day and I am exhausted always!
I work-7+ hours a day-which is hard to do-come home sleep, make dinner, force a mile walk, sometimes a swim and fall back to sleep!- I am un-wake able!
More related studies for: Orencia, Mouth ulcers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Metadate Cd for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2 minutes ago)
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (51 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)