Review: could Orencia cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Orencia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 5,857 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Orencia and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Orencia has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 5,937 Orencia users)
Mouth ulcers has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, breast cancer. (latest reports from 9,981 Mouth ulcers patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 5,854 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 35 people (0.60%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Orencia when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia * :
|Mouth ulcers||93.10%||6.90% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||7.69%||3.85%||23.08%||3.85%||53.85% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Orencia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 48.57%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 5.71%)
- Contraception (2 people, 5.71%)
- Juvenile arthritis (2 people, 5.71%)
- Hypovitaminosis (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (14 people, 40.00%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 17.14%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 17.14%)
- Meloxicam (4 people, 11.43%)
- Mobic (4 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of orencia and mouth ulcers on
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Orencia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Orencia, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Arthritis - Rheumatoid. The patient has Joint Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a 58-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Microalbuminuria
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 29-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ulcer - Mouth
Recent Orencia related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.