Home > Orencia > Skin cancer > Orencia and Skin cancer
Review: could Orencia cause Skin cancer?
We study 5,844 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Skin cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin cancer and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Orencia and have Skin cancer >>>
Orencia (latest outcomes from 5,926 users) has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Skin cancer (latest reports from 18,671 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,844 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 13 people (0.22%) have Skin Cancer.
Time on Orencia when people have Skin cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin cancer||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin cancer when taking Orencia * :
|Skin cancer||72.22%||27.78% |
Age of people who have Skin cancer when taking Orencia * :
|Skin cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||64.71%||23.53% |
Severity of Skin cancer when taking Orencia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin cancer||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin cancer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin cancer||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 100.00%)
- Menopausal symptoms (12 people, 92.31%)
- Polyarthritis (12 people, 92.31%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 7.69%)
- Blood cholesterol (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plaquenil (13 people, 100.00%)
- Nexium (12 people, 92.31%)
- Norvasc (12 people, 92.31%)
- Micardis hct (12 people, 92.31%)
- Flexeril (12 people, 92.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Cancer while taking Orencia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Skin Cancer
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Skin Cancer
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
- Orencia and bladder infections. i have never had a real bladder infection, i have ic, but no infection. sine starting the orenica 3 shots, does orencia cause infections of the bladder?
I have had 3 injections of Orencia, the first one flared up my bladder, 3 shots later and now it feels like it is a sinus infection, can orencia cause this? I have never had one before.
- Can someone develope myasthenia gravis from botox injections for migraines if they also have fibromyalgia?
i have multiple auto immune issues and have had chronic migraines for many years. the doctor decided that botox was my last chance to help these headaches. i started having symptoms of myasthenia gravis after the second round of botox. my head became so hard to hold up and straight. swallowing probl ...
- Has anyone developed myastenia gravis after botox for migraines
I have many auto immune problems and severe migraines. the doctors have tried everything that my medications and allergies will allow. then we tried botox. by the second set of injections i was having trouble holding my head up and swallowing. he avoided the paraspinal area after that but continued ...
- I am 49 yr. old female, severe progressive rheumatoid arthritis an have been on enbrel, mehtotrexate and now orencia for 4+ yrs i have possible skin cancer how common is this?.
I am worried because the Dr. found a spot on my stomach the size of a pea. She strongly believes its Basal Cell Carcinoma, but, my lymph nodes are all swollen and very painful under my neck and arm they just burn. I was wondering if this could possibly be Lymphoma Skin Cancer? And if so is there a l ...
- Does orencia cause weight loss
More questions for: Orencia, Skin cancer
More reviews for: Orencia, Skin cancer
On eHealthMe, Orencia (abatacept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Orencia is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Orencia used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Orencia, Skin cancer
Recent Orencia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Actemra, Orencia for a 75-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Enbrel for a 58-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Actemra for a 51-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Remicade, Actemra, Xeljanz, Imuran for a 66-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Coumadin for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Orencia, Rituxan for a 59-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Actemra for a 54-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Orencia for a 47-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Negative
- Comparions of Humira, Orencia, Enbrel for a 68-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Actemra, Orencia (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 250MG, Rituxan (Idec Pharmaceuticals Corp) - 500MG for a 38-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Orencia, Skin cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.