Review: could Orencia cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Orencia, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 5,850 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Orencia and have Swelling >>>
Orencia has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (view latest outcomes from 5,931 users)
Swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.(latest reports from Swelling 25,848 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 24 people (0.41%) have Swelling.
Time on Orencia when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Orencia * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Orencia * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Orencia ** :
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 41.67%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (2 people, 8.33%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (2 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (5 people, 20.83%)
- Enbrel (4 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 12.50%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate (2 people, 8.33%)
- Alendronate sodium (2 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Orencia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel, Humira, Methotrexate, Orencia)
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
- Orencia and bladder infections. i have never had a real bladder infection, i have ic, but no infection. sine starting the orenica 3 shots, does orencia cause infections of the bladder?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Orencia)
I have had 3 injections of Orencia, the first one flared up my bladder, 3 shots later and now it feels like it is a sinus infection, can orencia cause this? I have never had one before.
- Can someone develope myasthenia gravis from botox injections for migraines if they also have fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polyarthritis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lymphedema, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Optic Neuritis, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Acid Reflux, Hyperglycaemia, Menorrhagia, Endometriosis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Dulera, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Novolog, Imitrex, Singulair, HCTZ, Nexium, Orencia, Plaquenil, Proventil-hfa, Synthroid, Tricor, Voltaren, Ondansetron, Percocet, Naproxen, Cyproheptadine Hydrocloride, Zaleplon, Furosemide, Levemir)
i have multiple auto immune issues and have had chronic migraines for many years. the doctor decided that botox was my last chance to help these headaches. i started having symptoms of myasthenia gravis after the second round of botox. my head became so hard to hold up and straight. swallowing probl ...
- Has anyone developed myastenia gravis after botox for migraines
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Endometriosis, MAGNESIUM METABOLISM DISORDER, Anemia - Iron Deficiency, Menorrhagia, Gout, Migraine With Aura, Lymphadenopathy, Leukocytosis, Insomnia, Optic Neuritis, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Neuropathy, Acid Reflux, Hypertension, Polyarthritis, Osteoporosis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Diabetes Mellitus, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Imitrex, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Mirapex, Nexium, Novolog, Orencia, Plaquenil, Proventil-hfa, Singulair, Synthroid, TRICOR, Voltaren, Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Dulera, Naproxen, Zaleplon, Percocet, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Mestinon, Furosemide, Levemir, Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
I have many auto immune problems and severe migraines. the doctors have tried everything that my medications and allergies will allow. then we tried botox. by the second set of injections i was having trouble holding my head up and swallowing. he avoided the paraspinal area after that but continued ...
- I am 49 yr. old female, severe progressive rheumatoid arthritis an have been on enbrel, mehtotrexate and now orencia for 4+ yrs i have possible skin cancer how common is this?.
(Asked by a 1 year old girl who has RLS, Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hypertension, Thyroid Cancer, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Benicar Hct, Orencia, Mirapex, Prednisone, Escitalopram, Levothroid, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I am worried because the Dr. found a spot on my stomach the size of a pea. She strongly believes its Basal Cell Carcinoma, but, my lymph nodes are all swollen and very painful under my neck and arm they just burn. I was wondering if this could possibly be Lymphoma Skin Cancer? And if so is there a l ...
More questions for: Orencia, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Orencia, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Reddened Rashes On Cheeks, Chin & Forehead, Rashes (redness)
Comments: Facial rashers developed 2 days after 2nd week of orencia injection. Still dealing with the rashes 3 weeks after it started. Had to be given kenalog injection and have to wait out for rashes to go away:(
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a patient with Strains. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: Ankles started swelling really bad in late march. Secretary..tried walkin more..no help..cut down on salt etc...no help...fell and sprained ankle march 7..did not go to dr...kept walking...new better...the sprain was manageable after week or so....then crap swelling !....help...dr gave torsamide whi ...
More related studies for: Orencia, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.