Orencia and Swelling - from FDA reports
Swelling is found among people who take Orencia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Analgesic therapy. This review analyzes which people have Swelling with Orencia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,048 people who have side effects when taking Orencia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 30, 2017
21,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia.
Among them, 285 people (1.35%) have Swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Orencia when people have Swelling *:
- < 1 month: 21.05 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.58 %
- 6 - 12 months: 36.84 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.26 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Orencia *:
- female: 85.98 %
- male: 14.02 %
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Orencia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.54 %
- 20-29: 1.08 %
- 30-39: 6.49 %
- 40-49: 28.65 %
- 50-59: 28.11 %
- 60+: 35.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Analgesic Therapy (8 people, 2.81%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (7 people, 2.46%)
- Pain (7 people, 2.46%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 1.40%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (3 people, 1.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (174 people, 61.05%)
- Humira (126 people, 44.21%)
- Actemra (122 people, 42.81%)
- Remicade (108 people, 37.89%)
- Arava (106 people, 37.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (169 people, 59.30%)
- Drug Ineffective (135 people, 47.37%)
- Fatigue (83 people, 29.12%)
- Hair Loss (58 people, 20.35%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (57 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swelling when taking Orencia?
- Check symptoms - is swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwelling and drugs with ingredients of abatacept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwelling and Orencia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Orencia has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Orencia 21,288 users)
Swelling has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,856 Swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Orenciaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SwellingSwelling
Could your condition cause SwellingSwelling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
I just started Prialt 3 weeks ago. I start with a dos of 2 mcg and after two weeks it was increased to 2.24. My pump also has Bacloden with a flow rate of114 mcg. After the increase I started having swelling in my legs and feet. I also have been gaining weight to tune of about 15 ...
I started taking Orencia 3 weeks ago. After my last injection, the next day I had horrible neck pain. I could barely move my head. The pain went down to past my shoulder blade. Then I started getting headaches. This has been a week now. It's very painful to sleep or move my head when I'm laying ...