Home > Orencia > Weight gain > Orencia and Weight gain
Review: could Orencia cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 5,844 people who have side effects while taking Orencia from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Orencia and have Weight gain >>>
Orencia (latest outcomes from 5,924 users) has active ingredients of abatacept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Weight gain (latest reports from 527,968 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 5,844 people reported to have side effects when taking Orencia. Among them, 61 people (1.04%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Orencia when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||22.22%||33.33%||44.44%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Orencia * :
|Weight gain||96.67%||3.33% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Orencia * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||4.00%||2.00%||4.00%||18.00%||26.00%||46.00% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Orencia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (43 people, 70.49%)
- Psychomotor hyperactivity (7 people, 11.48%)
- Nervous system disorder (7 people, 11.48%)
- Polyarthritis (3 people, 4.92%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (2 people, 3.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (19 people, 31.15%)
- Methotrexate (14 people, 22.95%)
- Enbrel (8 people, 13.11%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 11.48%)
- Norco (7 people, 11.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Orencia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Orencia and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Orencia
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
My Daughter is 18 & has been on Orencia for 1yr& 7mths. she has weight gain 30#a this past 6mths. she takes no other meds. Is there any thing she could take along with orencia to help. she gets moderate exercise. Bad head-achs but we know there caused by the Medication. She is a small framed female and this weight gain just dont seem normal. Can you give any advise?
Thank you, Paitents Mother (valerie)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Orencia, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Orencia, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Orencia (abatacept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Orencia is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Orencia used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (23 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (36 minutes ago)
- Meloxicam, Angeliq, Methotrexate for a 49-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Menopause (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (38 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Hiv Infection
- Decadron La