Home > Ortho evra > Diarrhoea > Ortho evra and Diarrhoea
Review: could Ortho evra cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Diarrhoea is found among people who take Ortho evra, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zithromax, and have Contraception.
We study 26,821 people who have side effects while taking Ortho evra from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ortho evra and have Diarrhoea >>>
Ortho evra (latest outcomes from 26,899 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norelgestromin. It is often used in birth control.
Diarrhoea (latest reports from 1,112,574 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 26,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho evra. Among them, 230 people (0.86%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Ortho evra when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Ortho evra * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Ortho evra ** :
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (114 people, 49.57%)
- Prophylaxis (4 people, 1.74%)
- Depression (3 people, 1.30%)
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 1.30%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2 people, 0.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zithromax (8 people, 3.48%)
- Nexium (5 people, 2.17%)
- Prevacid (5 people, 2.17%)
- Ambien (5 people, 2.17%)
- Paxil (4 people, 1.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Ortho Evra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ortho evra and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Ortho evra
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Diarrhea, and takes Aloe Vera Gel)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Diarrhea, and takes Coumadin)
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
- Can insulin (lantil) increase frequency of bowel movements?
(Asked by a 85 year old woman who has Frequent Bowel Movements, and takes Lantus)
Since doctor increased dosage of Lantus I have been having more bowel movements which irritate my hemorrhoid.
More questions for: Ortho evra, Diarrhoea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Fatigue, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea, Impaired Healing, Liver Pain, Diarrhea, Hair Thinning, Liver Pain, Skin Atrophy, and takes Isoniazid)
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Ortho evra, Diarrhoea
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Vivelle-dot, Leflunomide, Effexor, Topamax, Enbrel for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on Enbrel 50 mg per wk for just over 1 yr. In April 2014, I was awaiting my shipment of meds via UPS, when they arrived I was in the restroom and was unable to get to the door in time. The UPS driver left a note that they would return tomorrow with my box. The next day the UPS driver a ...
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Chordoma. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Anger
Comments: I've been taking Gleevec for almost 3 weeks now, and I've found myself becoming angry very easily. I've always been a very laid back person and now I find myself screaming at family members when they do something as simple as not doing something to my liking. It seems so silly. After lashing out at ...
- A study of side effects of Clopidogrel for a patient with Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Diarrhoea
Comments: I was first prescribed Plavix/Clopidogrel eight years ago when I suffered three slight heart attacks. All went well until August last year, when I started to suffer bouts of diarrhoea on a regular basis. As I was also on prescription for Pantoprazol in the treatment of Barretts Oesophagus, I put my ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Naltrexone Hydrochloride for a patient with IBS, Alcohol Dependence. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Diarrhea, Hypertension - Medication Related, Vomiting Projectile
Comments: Alcohol withdrawal was almost complete when the doc decided to order my first Revia pill. The reaction was almost immediately after I swallowed it. What I couldn't find a word for in the adverse outcome drop-down list was a feeling of heat or acid burn starting in my midsection then radiating out ...
More related studies for: Ortho evra, Diarrhoea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.