Home > Ortho tri-cyclen > Emotional disorder > Ortho tri-cyclen and Emotional disorder
Review: could Ortho tri-cyclen cause Emotional disorder?
We study 4,907 people who have side effects while taking Ortho tri-cyclen from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Emotional disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Emotional disorder and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Emotional disorder >>>
Ortho tri-cyclen (latest outcomes from 5,368 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control.
Emotional disorder (latest reports from 55,768 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, birth control, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 4,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen. Among them, 44 people (0.90%) have Emotional Disorder.
Time on Ortho tri-cyclen when people have Emotional disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Emotional disorder||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Emotional disorder when taking Ortho tri-cyclen * :
|Emotional disorder||0.00%||0.00%||63.16%||10.53%||23.68%||0.00%||2.63%||0.00% |
Severity of Emotional disorder when taking Ortho tri-cyclen ** :
How people recovered from Emotional disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (23 people, 52.27%)
- Contraception (7 people, 15.91%)
- Pain (5 people, 11.36%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (4 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (28 people, 63.64%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 20.45%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen lo (8 people, 18.18%)
- Wellbutrin (5 people, 11.36%)
- Lamictal (4 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Emotional Disorder while taking Ortho Tri-cyclen?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Emotional Disorder
- group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen
- group for people who have Emotional Disorder
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Started another period 11 days after finishing my normal period. Started taking the gabapentin 6 days after period ended so 5 days before abnormal period began.
From this study (2 months ago):
I was on a combination of Depakote ER, Birth control, and Prednisone and gained 40lbs in a matter of two months. I went from being a normal weight of 125 at 5'3" to 165 plus. The symptom that was the worst was that my size C breasts went from that to a DD and now a DDD. It is very uncomfortable and I have back problems so that does not help.
I found info at one time that said the birth control tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant and then the Depakote ER expands your breasts in a reaction of the two meds. I need to know if one of these or two or all of these meds induced my larger breasts. Thank you!
From this study (3 months ago):
First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Emotional disorder
More reviews for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Emotional disorder
On eHealthMe, Ortho Tri-cyclen (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Ortho Tri-cyclen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ortho Tri-cyclen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (60 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage