Review: could Ortho tri-cyclen cause Ovarian cyst (Ovarian cysts)?
Summary: Ovarian cyst is found among people who take Ortho tri-cyclen, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne.
We study 4,911 people who have side effects while taking Ortho tri-cyclen from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Ovarian cyst. Find out below who they are, when they have Ovarian cyst and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian cyst >>>
Ortho tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Ortho tri-cyclen 5,372 users)
Ovarian cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.(latest reports from Ovarian cyst 7,014 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 4,910 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen. Among them, 102 people (2.08%) have Ovarian Cyst.
Time on Ortho tri-cyclen when people have Ovarian cyst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen * :
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||24.10%||61.45%||10.84%||1.20%||2.41%||0.00% |
Severity of Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen ** :
How people recovered from Ovarian cyst ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (46 people, 45.10%)
- Contraception (14 people, 13.73%)
- Acne cystic (7 people, 6.86%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 2.94%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 1.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (89 people, 87.25%)
- Prevacid (34 people, 33.33%)
- Plexion (14 people, 13.73%)
- Cleocin t (14 people, 13.73%)
- Minocycline hcl (14 people, 13.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ovarian Cyst while taking Ortho Tri-cyclen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian Cyst
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen
- support group for people who have Ovarian Cyst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more than normal; I have definitely started to gain weight. I also have been a lot more tired than usual.
- I'm 19 and take mono linyah birth control pill doctors just found 3 blood clots in my right lung on 6-28-14 i was wondering if the birth control caused it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mono-linyah)
We'll I'm 19 years old and Saturday morning my alarm clock went off at 4 because my boyfriend had to wake up for work we'll as he was getting ready I started having chest pain and I told him. He ended up leaving for work and it got so bad I called his granny and told her I thought I was having a heart attack. So they came and got me and I went to the er it took them forever to find out what was wrong but it just hurt so bad.
- Does tri-cyclen have salicylates in it?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Salicylates, and takes Ortho Tri-cyclen)
I think I have a salicylate intolerance and I'm not sure if this birth control is safe for me to take, someone help!!
- I have a diagnosed ovarian cyst, does premarin (conjugated oestrogen) help with that? will i suffer other side effects? should the doctor have given me co-meds along with the hormone?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Premarin)
I have a diagnosed Ovarian Cyst, does Premarin (Conjugated Estrogen) help with that? Will I suffer other side effects? Should the doctor have given me Co-meds along with the hormone? I was only given Premarin 0.625 (Conjugated Estrogen) to take for two weeks and I feel so uneasy about this.
- My daughter is on her second pack of tri-cyclen pills. last month & again last night had her in the er for a severe panic attack. can it be pill related? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Panic Attack, and takes Tri-sprintec)
My daughter is on her second pack of these. She is 17, healthy and no history of Panic of any sort. She is active with cheerleading and never had any problems. During the first pack she had a panic attack during the middle week. She had to go to the ER because she couldn't breath and chest pain and numbness. They said Panic attack. The obgyn said go ahead and try for another month and see what happens. Well, last night while at cheer camp, 1 hr from home. I get a call from a nurse that paramedics are there and I can hear her crying in the back ground and in a panic. They didn't think it could be from these pills either. I get there and find that another girl on team started these in January and she has had 3 episodes of the same sort, but the doctors say it shouldn't be from these. I just think it is strange she had never done anything like this until she started these. Has anyone heard of anyone else having problems with these pills? By the way I took them home. Not taking them anymore.
More questions for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Ovarian cyst
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is gone when I'm taking Sprionolactone. I also did not have a period for 10 months until I recently took a break from Spironolactone. The pain came back and I had a period. I have not discussed this yet with my gynocologist but plan to on my next visit.
More reviews for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Ovarian cyst
- A study of side effects of Ortho Tri-cyclen 28 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Vaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: The pain is on and off. It started to coming between 1-2 years of taking the drug. It causes burning all the way up my vagina. There are good days and bad days. When I have the bad days and it comes on the strongest I feel like there is HCL coming out of my vagina OR that someone is putting a lite l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of side effects of St. John's Wort for a patient with Depression. The patient has Ovarian Cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary)
Comments: I have been having a very painfull ovulation last month which ende in a cyst of 2.5 cm x 1.8 on my right ovary.
my breast have been very tender with little growth in them just a week before my period.
I have noticed that being on st john worts for 4 weekes previously has triggered this problem
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen, Prednisone, Depakote Er for a patient with Birth Control, Asthma, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Breast Enlargement
Comments: I was on a combination of Depakote ER, Birth control, and Prednisone and gained 40lbs in a matter of two months. I went from being a normal weight of 125 at 5'3" to 165 plus. The symptom that was the worst was that my size C breasts went from that to a DD and now a DDD. It is very uncomfortable and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
More related studies for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Ovarian cyst
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.