Review: could Ortho tri-cyclen cause Ovarian cyst (Ovarian cysts)?
Summary: Ovarian cyst is found among people who take Ortho tri-cyclen, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne.
We study 4,923 people who have side effects while taking Ortho tri-cyclen from FDA and social media. Among them, 103 have Ovarian cyst. Find out below who they are, when they have Ovarian cyst and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian cyst >>>
Ortho Tri-cyclen has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 5,385 Ortho Tri-cyclen users)
Ovarian cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 7,024 Ovarian cyst patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 4,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen. Among them, 103 people (2.09%) have Ovarian Cyst.
Time on Ortho tri-cyclen when people have Ovarian cyst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen * :
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||23.81%||60.71%||11.90%||1.19%||2.38%||0.00% |
Severity of Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ovarian cyst ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (46 people, 44.66%)
- Contraception (14 people, 13.59%)
- Acne cystic (7 people, 6.80%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 2.91%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 1.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (89 people, 86.41%)
- Prevacid (34 people, 33.01%)
- Plexion (14 people, 13.59%)
- Cleocin t (14 people, 13.59%)
- Minocycline hcl (14 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ovarian Cyst while taking Ortho Tri-cyclen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian Cyst
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen
- support group for people who have Ovarian Cyst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen, Celexa, Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Migraine, Fatigue - Chronic, Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Multivitamin, Sertraline, Humalog, Lantus, Amlodipine, Losartan for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Health, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
Recent Ortho tri-cyclen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.