Home > Ortho tri-cyclen > Ovarian cyst > Ortho tri-cyclen and Ovarian cyst
Review: could Ortho tri-cyclen cause Ovarian cyst (Ovarian cysts)?
We study 4,907 people who have side effects while taking Ortho tri-cyclen from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Ovarian cyst. Find out below who they are, when they have Ovarian cyst and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian cyst >>>
Ortho tri-cyclen (latest outcomes from 5,368 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control.
Ovarian cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary) (latest reports from 35,794 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 4,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Ortho tri-cyclen. Among them, 102 people (2.08%) have Ovarian Cyst.
Time on Ortho tri-cyclen when people have Ovarian cyst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen * :
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||24.10%||61.45%||10.84%||1.20%||2.41%||0.00% |
Severity of Ovarian cyst when taking Ortho tri-cyclen ** :
How people recovered from Ovarian cyst ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (46 people, 45.10%)
- Contraception (14 people, 13.73%)
- Acne cystic (7 people, 6.86%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 2.94%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 1.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (89 people, 87.25%)
- Prevacid (34 people, 33.33%)
- Plexion (14 people, 13.73%)
- Cleocin t (14 people, 13.73%)
- Minocycline hcl (14 people, 13.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ovarian Cyst while taking Ortho Tri-cyclen?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen and have Ovarian Cyst
- support group for people who take Ortho tri-cyclen
- support group for people who have Ovarian Cyst
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
had a total hysterectomy on 9/26/14. Waiting for the results of the biopsy to see if the complex cyst was cancerous.
From this study (1 week ago):
Wake up screaming and crying. Can't breathe. During dream I tried to kill myself
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Also have IBS(constipation) and back and lower abdominal pain
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Ovarian cyst
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ovary pain disappeared
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
More reviews for: Ortho tri-cyclen, Ovarian cyst
On eHealthMe, Ortho Tri-cyclen (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Ortho Tri-cyclen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ortho Tri-cyclen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (14 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (20 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Suicide And Suicidal Behavior
- Kallmann Syndrome
- Secondary Amyloidosis