Home > Oxcarbazepine > Drug abuse > Oxcarbazepine and Drug abuse
Review: could Oxcarbazepine cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Oxcarbazepine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Partial seizures.
We study 2,708 people who have side effects while taking Oxcarbazepine from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxcarbazepine and have Drug abuse >>>
Oxcarbazepine (latest outcomes from 2,889 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in epilepsy.
Drug abuse (latest reports from 61,447 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 2,705 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxcarbazepine. Among them, 14 people (0.52%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Oxcarbazepine when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Oxcarbazepine * :
|Drug abuse||46.15%||53.85% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Oxcarbazepine * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||30.77%||46.15%||0.00%||7.69%||7.69% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Partial seizures (3 people, 21.43%)
- Convulsion prophylaxis (3 people, 21.43%)
- Drug abuse (1 people, 7.14%)
- Mania (1 people, 7.14%)
- Schizophrenia (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (6 people, 42.86%)
- Lormetazepam (3 people, 21.43%)
- Flumazenil (3 people, 21.43%)
- Temazepam (3 people, 21.43%)
- Zolpidem (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Oxcarbazepine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxcarbazepine and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Oxcarbazepine
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Does "apraxia" of hand exist or is it called spasticity for tbi
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Left Side Paralysis From TBI, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
A moderate TBI secondary to a craniotomy effecting the frontal and temporal lobes.
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, A-fib, and takes Trileptal, Lyrica)
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- Is it all right to take garcinia cambogia with oxcarbazepine?
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Trileptal)
I do not have seizures very often, but the last one, was 2 months ago.
This happened because I combine several wrong actions, like drank alcohol, lack of sleep and I forgot my medicine for 3 days.
- I'm experiencing nocturnal leg cramps nightly since taking latuda. has anyone else experienced this? i've been on latuda for three months.
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Nocturnal Leg And Feet Cramps, and takes Latuda, Trileptal)
I exercise regularly (4x a week) for the past 10 years. It's mainly gym workouts and occasionally on the tennis court. Since taking latuda, I have experienced several painful leg cramps in both legs every night. I have increased water intake, magnesium, calcium and potassium from food and supplement ...
More questions for: Oxcarbazepine, Drug abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
(Posted by a 9 year old girl who has IIH, and takes Trileptal)
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Serious oxcarbazepine (trileptal) side effect
(Posted by a 93 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
My mom suffered from acute facial nerve pain for almost last 8 years which was diagnosed for Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain started suddenly and she started and continued the treatment with Lyrica. In the beginning, the pain would go away after several months and start again in a year or two. How ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Savella, Methadone Hydrochloride, Axiron, Baby Aspirin, Senna, Colace, Oxcarbazepine, Gabapentin)
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
More reviews for: Oxcarbazepine, Drug abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Oxcarbazepine, Ativan for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Limb
Comments: im having pains in my left leg right under my calf and it hurts more if iwalk or stand on it
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Medrol for a patient with Idiopathic Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy, Vasculitis. The patient has
Comments: I have idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy DX on 10/1/13 and vasculitis
DX on 9/28/14. I am in constant pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Methylprednisolone for a patient with Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy, Vasculitis. The patient has
Comments: I have idiopathic edema and idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy
very painful on feet, legs mostly, but also arms to a much lesser degree
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Sweating Increased (excess sweating), Shivering (felling of cold), Fever
Comments: Had NMS in the past, would like to know if Trileptal can cause a recurrence.
More related studies for: Oxcarbazepine, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.