Home > Oxybutynin chloride > Macular degeneration > Oxybutynin chloride and Macular degeneration
Review: could Oxybutynin chloride cause Macular degeneration?
Summary: Macular degeneration is reported only by a few people who take Oxybutynin chloride.
We study 2,651 people who have side effects while taking Oxybutynin chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Macular degeneration. Find out below who they are, when they have Macular degeneration and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Macular degeneration >>>
Oxybutynin chloride (latest outcomes from 2,865 users) has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence.
Macular degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision) (latest reports from 10,783 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 2,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxybutynin chloride. Among them, 3 people (0.11%) have Macular Degeneration.
Time on Oxybutynin chloride when people have Macular degeneration * :
Age of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Oxybutynin chloride * :
|Macular degeneration||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Macular degeneration when taking Oxybutynin chloride ** :
How people recovered from Macular degeneration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Urinary incontinence (3 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (3 people, 100.00%)
- Bronchitis chronic (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hip fracture (3 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Theophylline (3 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin b-12 (3 people, 100.00%)
- Calcium chews (3 people, 100.00%)
- Ocuvite lutein (3 people, 100.00%)
- Spiriva (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Macular Degeneration while taking Oxybutynin Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Macular Degeneration
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride
- support group for people who have Macular Degeneration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are xarelto and eylea compatible
(Asked by a 79 year old woman who has Macular Degeneration, Blood Clots, and takes Xarelto, Eylea)
I get eyelea injections in my eye for wet macular degeneration. Now I have blood clots in my leg and I am prescribed xarelto. Are these two drugs compatible?
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Rhuematoid Arthritis, Kypher Lumbar Scoliosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcolepsy, Neurofibromatosis-1, and takes Promethazine Hydrochloride And Destromethorphan Hydrobromide, Ditropan, Gabapentin, Hiprex, Oxazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Modafinil)
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has IBS & IC Flare, Not Sleeping Well, Irritable, Cranky, Bad Mood, Frequent Headaches, and takes Vistaril, Premarin, Ditropan, Singulair)
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
More questions for: Oxybutynin chloride, Macular degeneration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Oxybutynin chloride, Macular degeneration
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Lack Of Menses. The patient has Bloating And Menstruation
Comments: i was diagnosed with ms five years ago when i went blind. recovered and was in remission for 3 years when all of a sudden my upper abdomen bloated and i developed a rash on my belly. have seen doc. had bladder scans and was catheterized to drain bladder. nothing came out. have done bloodwork an ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Incontinence - Urge. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: VA and my Endocrinologist both have been doing special blood work since August 2014 and each test the liver enzymes are still elevated.
I have to see a Liver specialist when VA calls with an appointment.
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Age-related Macular Degeneration (armd Or Amd) (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision)
Comments: just wondering if the topiramate could have caused the amd. I have it in both eyes and my eye doctor was surprised not only to find it but to find that it has progressed to fast. This is the same eye doctor that I alway see.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Felodipine, Nexium, Flomax, Ditropan XL, Crestor, Atacand for a patient with Hypertension, Gastric Ph, Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, Heartburn, Blood Pressure
Comments: Urine/bladder control is a result of prostate cancer. I had radioactive implants 10 years ago and PSA has stayed less than .1 ever since.
I have been taking Atacand 5 to 7 years and started felodipine 5 months ago. B.P is running about 140 over 85. Lung-breathing problems began 3-4 years ago. I' ...
More related studies for: Oxybutynin chloride, Macular degeneration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.