Home > Oxybutynin chloride > Water retention > Oxybutynin chloride and Water retention
Review: could Oxybutynin chloride cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is reported only by a few people who take Oxybutynin chloride.
We study 2,651 people who have side effects while taking Oxybutynin chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Water retention >>>
Oxybutynin chloride (latest outcomes from 2,865 users) has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence.
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 17,802 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 2,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxybutynin chloride. Among them, 5 people (0.19%) have Water Retention.
Time on Oxybutynin chloride when people have Water retention * :
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Oxybutynin chloride * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Oxybutynin chloride ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Maxair (2 people, 40.00%)
- Amoxicillin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Triethanolamine polypeptide oleate-condensate (2 people, 40.00%)
- Prozac (2 people, 40.00%)
- Avonex (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Oxybutynin Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Rhuematoid Arthritis, Kypher Lumbar Scoliosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcolepsy, Neurofibromatosis-1, and takes Promethazine Hydrochloride And Destromethorphan Hydrobromide, Ditropan, Gabapentin, Hiprex, Oxazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Modafinil)
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has IBS & IC Flare, Not Sleeping Well, Irritable, Cranky, Bad Mood, Frequent Headaches, and takes Vistaril, Premarin, Ditropan, Singulair)
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Nosebleeds, and takes Oxybutynin Chloride)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
More questions for: Oxybutynin chloride, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Oxybutynin chloride, Water retention
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Lack Of Menses. The patient has Bloating And Menstruation
Comments: i was diagnosed with ms five years ago when i went blind. recovered and was in remission for 3 years when all of a sudden my upper abdomen bloated and i developed a rash on my belly. have seen doc. had bladder scans and was catheterized to drain bladder. nothing came out. have done bloodwork an ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Incontinence - Urge. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: VA and my Endocrinologist both have been doing special blood work since August 2014 and each test the liver enzymes are still elevated.
I have to see a Liver specialist when VA calls with an appointment.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Felodipine, Nexium, Flomax, Ditropan XL, Crestor, Atacand for a patient with Hypertension, Gastric Ph, Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Loss Of Bladder Control, Heartburn, Blood Pressure
Comments: Urine/bladder control is a result of prostate cancer. I had radioactive implants 10 years ago and PSA has stayed less than .1 ever since.
I have been taking Atacand 5 to 7 years and started felodipine 5 months ago. B.P is running about 140 over 85. Lung-breathing problems began 3-4 years ago. I' ...
More related studies for: Oxybutynin chloride, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.