Review: could Oxybutynin chloride cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Oxybutynin chloride, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Baclofen, and have Back pain.
We study 2,659 people who have side effects while taking Oxybutynin chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Oxybutynin chloride has active ingredients of oxybutynin chloride. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from 2,874 Oxybutynin chloride users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 2,659 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxybutynin chloride. Among them, 6 people (0.23%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Oxybutynin chloride when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Oxybutynin chloride * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Oxybutynin chloride ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (3 people, 50.00%)
- Bladder spasm (2 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 33.33%)
- Abdominal discomfort (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gastric disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (3 people, 50.00%)
- Cymbalta (2 people, 33.33%)
- Ranitidine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Inderal (2 people, 33.33%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxybutynin chloride and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Oxybutynin Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Oxybutynin chloride
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Keppra, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Diazepam, Oxybutynin Chloride, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Back Pain, Seizure Disorder, Pain, Muscle Spasms, Spasmodic Bladder. The patient has Urinary Bladder Polyp
- A study of drug interactions between Oxybutynin Chloride, Simvastatin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 74-year old man with Incontinence, High Blood Cholesterol, Hbp. The patient has Sleep Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Clonidine, Lamotrigine, Gabapentin, Suboxone for a 38-year old man with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depressed Mood, Withdrawal Syndrome, Mood Stabilizer, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression Suicidal, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disturbance In Social Behaviour, Withdrawal Syndrome, Pain In Jaw, Dizziness
Recent Oxybutynin chloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.