Review: could Oxycodone and acetaminophen cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Oxycodone and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Pain.
We study 2,227 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and acetaminophen and have Palpitations >>>
Oxycodone and acetaminophen
Oxycodone and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,794 Oxycodone and acetaminophen users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,253 Palpitations patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 2,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone and acetaminophen. Among them, 25 people (1.12%) have Palpitations.
Time on Oxycodone and acetaminophen when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Oxycodone and acetaminophen * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Oxycodone and acetaminophen * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Oxycodone and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 36.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 16.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 16.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 16.00%)
- Dyspepsia (4 people, 16.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (8 people, 32.00%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 24.00%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 24.00%)
- Calcium carbonate (5 people, 20.00%)
- Prilosec (5 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
gigi garland (3 years ago):
female,45 i took oxycodene w/acetaminophen 5. my doctor had taken my blood pressure 3 hours prior 112/75. i was experiencing pan from knee surgery took acetaminophen; oxycodone my blood pressure rose to 168/122 my pulse was 144. i had to call ambulane. YES, OXYCODENE/acetaminophen WILL GIVE YOU HEART PALPITATIONS!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and acetaminophen and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Oxycodone And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and acetaminophen and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and acetaminophen
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 22-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
Recent Oxycodone and acetaminophen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.