Review: could Oxycodone cause Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)?
Summary: Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 25,910 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 90 have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome). Find out below who they are, when they have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycodone 27,269 users)
Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, acute myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) 11,560 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 25,910 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 90 people (0.35%) have Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome).
Time on Oxycodone when people have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) when taking Oxycodone * :
|Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)||27.96%||72.04% |
Age of people who have Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) when taking Oxycodone * :
|Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||8.64%||11.11%||12.35%||16.05%||50.62% |
Severity of Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) when taking Oxycodone ** :
How people recovered from Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome) ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (19 people, 21.11%)
- Vomiting (8 people, 8.89%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (8 people, 8.89%)
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 6.67%)
- Lymphoma (6 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (89 people, 98.89%)
- Acetaminophen (16 people, 17.78%)
- Ondansetron (15 people, 16.67%)
- Promethazine (15 people, 16.67%)
- Diphenhydramine hcl (15 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have issues snoring from testosterone
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Titanium Plates, Broken Bones, Back Issues,, Kenee Issues, and takes Testosterone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate)
I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan, had a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, 2005.JULY 28THlevels were extremely low. my V.A. doctor put me on testesterone 2011 BREAST CANCER, AUG 11TH 2012 HIT AND RUN ON MY MOTORCYCLE. DUE TO all the pain meds chemo, etcetera. MY testosterone. At first it was the best t ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- I wanna know how fentanyl and oxycontin taken together like me works for patients?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Chronic Neck, Knees, And Lower Back Pain, and takes Fentanyl-25, Oxycontin)
I have been taking these meds. For the last 10months due to a auto accident that's happened in 1995!! And have bee in chronic Pain ever since, had to resign from my good paying job!! I could no longer work due to the constant pain...it took my Dr. And I over 3 yrs. To come up with this regimen to ev ...
- I need to come of oxycontin and need a different pain med one that doesn't give you severe constipation or cause bone loss as i have severe ostio porosis and ostio arthritis
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Ostio Arthritis , and takes OxyContin )
I also have Ostio porosis and don't know what to take for it it also is cronic like my arthritis I real want a pain med that is non adictive and doesn't cause bone loss a big ask but I don't know what to do as doctors don't seem to care
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Thyroidectomy, Dry Socket, and takes Amoxicillin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxycodone)
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
More questions for: Oxycodone, Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- After birth near death experience
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Preeclampsia, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, and takes Pitocin)
Following 48 hours of pitocin and a csection, I squared
Acute Respiratory distress syndrome.
- Mensis cycle and oxycontin
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has No Menstrual Cycle And Oxycontin, No Menstrual Cycle , and takes Oxycontin)
I have severe back injuries. When I lived in another state, I was put on oxycontin and immediately my menstrual cycle (period] stopped for 1 year. When I moved to another state, I stopped taking this drug and my period returned normal. I eventually had to go back on this drug, (oxycontin) and since ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Herniated Intervertebral Disk 7 Total, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Periodontitis, and takes Cymbalta, Percocet, Oxycontin)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, and takes Oxycontin)
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
More reviews for: Oxycodone, Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a patient with Back Injury. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Joint Stiffness
Comments: After sitting and trying to stand severe pain in creases of front joint of hip near groin. After taking a few steps pain lessens. Pain is there when I get out of bed or up during the night. This has started about 3 months ago and I had blood work done that said my aso titer is positive and ana scree ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Klor-con M10, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Tremor - Essential, Atypical Tn, Tn, On, & Gpn (neuralgias), Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Hemorrhoids, Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Welts
Comments: Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Flunisolide, Alli, Potassium Chloride, Aspirin, Clonazepam, Buspirone Hcl, Simvastatin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Carvedilol, Multivitamin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a patient with Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Weight Control, Potassium - Low, Blood Clot - Lung, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension - Medication Related, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Increased, Health, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Chronic Depression, Knee Replacement - Total. The patient has Anger, Stress, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: 27 L knee operations, three massive L knee infections resulting in a third and final arthoplasty revision. Extensive soft tissue damage resulting in perminante subqutanious sutuers and locking full leg brace, also perminante.
Daily swelling in the knee joint (4 to 6 cm daily). Constant pain as we ...
More related studies for: Oxycodone, Ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.