Review: could Oxycodone cause Cigarette smoking (Quit smoking)?
Summary: Cigarette smoking is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 25,925 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Cigarette smoking. Find out below who they are, when they have Cigarette smoking and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Cigarette smoking >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,287 Oxycodone users)
Cigarette smoking has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, diabetes. (latest reports from 53,279 Cigarette smoking patients)
On Feb, 1, 2015: 25,925 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 71 people (0.27%) have Cigarette Smoking.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Cigarette smoking * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Cigarette smoking when taking Oxycodone * :
|Cigarette smoking||36.00%||64.00% |
Age of people who have Cigarette smoking when taking Oxycodone * :
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.96%||0.00%||37.25%||29.41%||31.37% |
Severity of Cigarette smoking when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Cigarette smoking ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 33.80%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (23 people, 32.39%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 28.17%)
- Mental disorder (19 people, 26.76%)
- Menstrual disorder (19 people, 26.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (71 people, 100.00%)
- Prilosec (36 people, 50.70%)
- Chantix (35 people, 49.30%)
- Vistaril (34 people, 47.89%)
- Klonopin (32 people, 45.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cigarette Smoking while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Cigarette Smoking
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Cigarette Smoking
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Lyrica, Namenda for a 53-year old man with Sunct Syndrome. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Nucynta Er, Roxicodone for a 51-year old woman with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Pain. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a 29-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a 18-year old girl with Pain. The patient has Dizziness, Depression, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.