Review: could Oxycodone cause Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Summary: Foot, leg, and ankle swelling is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Methadone hydrochloride, and have Depression.
We study 25,943 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,301 Oxycodone users)
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,439 Foot, leg, and ankle swelling patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 7 people (0.03%) have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Oxycodone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Oxycodone * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||42.86%||28.57%||0.00% |
Severity of Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||57.14%||28.57%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Foot, leg, and ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||28.57%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 28.57%)
- Anxiety and stress (1 people, 14.29%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 14.29%)
- Eye inflammation (1 people, 14.29%)
- Allergic cough (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methadone hydrochloride (2 people, 28.57%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 28.57%)
- Norco (1 people, 14.29%)
- Methotrexate (1 people, 14.29%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and foot, leg, and ankle swelling on
Do you have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Boniva for a 67-year old woman with Long Bones. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of side effects of Novolog for a 16-year old boy with Diabetes. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 71-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Heart Attack
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Percocet for a 58-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.