Review: could Oxycodone cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 25,910 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 396 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Itching >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycodone 27,269 users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 25,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 389 people (1.50%) have Itching.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Oxycodone * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Oxycodone * :
Severity of Itching when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (97 people, 24.94%)
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 11.05%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 4.37%)
- Back pain (16 people, 4.11%)
- Cancer pain (15 people, 3.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (389 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (96 people, 24.68%)
- Zometa (64 people, 16.45%)
- Prednisone (59 people, 15.17%)
- Aspirin (56 people, 14.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Itching
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Oxycodone, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Mensis cycle and oxycontin
I have severe back injuries. When I lived in another state, I was put on oxycontin and immediately my menstrual cycle (period] stopped for 1 year. When I moved to another state, I stopped taking this drug and my period returned normal. I eventually had to go back on this drug, (oxycontin) and since this time, 2 years now, I again have not had a period since beginning. If you are on this drug and are worried about your period stopping, fear not, it is a normal side effect. Hope this helps. ..
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis? (2 responses)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated disks in My back only. Now with all the findings, there are 7 Herniated disks from My neck to My lower back.
Also since 2010, I was diagnosed with Periodontitis and have been losing all of My teeth in the top of My mouth.
I am 44 yrs old now, have been on disability for the last 4 years. I am down to 6 teeth in the top of My mouth, since having 1 removed just last week. They are telling Me that 3 more need to come out, and I am trying not to sink into total depression, especially since these are now My front teeth. I have a appointment today for a Denture Exam.
I started researching today to see if this Periodontitis is related to either My Spinal Stenosis or My Fibromyalgia. Especially since I once again looked up the definition for Periodontitis. Which States;
**Periodontal Disease and Bone Health. Periodontitis is a chronic infection that affects the gums and the bones that support the teeth. Bacteria and the body's own immune system break down the bone and connective tissue that hold teeth in place.
Of course with My disease of Spinal Stenosis and the bone loss as well as the nerve narrowing, I thought the breaking down of the bone in the gums might have a connection. Research didnt find any linking.
Now with Fibromyalgia, research showed 6 out of 17 thousand that they found. LOL Wow.. Well I guess I am "Number 7". Lucky Me! But it does make more sense now that looking at the definition. It is a Chronic infection (which Fibromyalia does create these) that effects the gums and bones. Bacteria and The Body's own Immune System break down the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth. Which with Fibromyalgia, our Immune System is always all kinds of "Crazy"!
Oh course you can not have any of these diseases, or any other health issues and wind up with Periodontitis. It happens. But I know from lots of reading, researching and living with Fibromyalgia, that it is "Very Possible"!
I would sure like to know what others with these 2 diseases are experiencing.
Have a Blessed Day.
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincident with the rash, I have a persistent ache/pain in my lower forearm, wrist and hand that is responding weakly to Aleve and pretty much unresponsive to acetaminophen.
More reviews for: Oxycodone, Itching
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I sweat within 1/2 hour of taking the medication. If I take the prescribed dose and even if I take extra for breakthrough pain, the same symptoms happen. Some days are worse than others. I am opiate tolerant and have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years.
- After sitting and trying to stand severe pain in creases of front joint of hip near groin. After taking a few steps pain lessens. Pain is there when I get out of bed or up during the night. This has started about 3 months ago and I had blood work done that said my aso titer is positive and ana scree ...
- I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
More related studies for: Oxycodone, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.