Review: could Oxycodone cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Diabetes.
We study 25,936 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Low blood sugar >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,299 Oxycodone users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,733 Low blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 122 people (0.47%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||83.33%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Oxycodone * :
|Low blood sugar||43.59%||56.41% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Oxycodone * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.89%||1.89%||24.53%||26.42%||45.28% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Oxycodone ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (37 people, 30.33%)
- Depression (31 people, 25.41%)
- Hypertension (30 people, 24.59%)
- Metastases to bone (28 people, 22.95%)
- Breast cancer (27 people, 22.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (122 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (46 people, 37.70%)
- Lantus (44 people, 36.07%)
- Zometa (43 people, 35.25%)
- Alprazolam (41 people, 33.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and low blood sugar on
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.