Review: could Oxycodone cause Lupus (Systemic lupus erythematosus)?
Summary: Lupus is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
We study 25,943 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Lupus. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Lupus >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,301 Oxycodone users)
Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 13,119 Lupus patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 37 people (0.14%) have Lupus.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Lupus * :
Gender of people who have Lupus when taking Oxycodone * :
Age of people who have Lupus when taking Oxycodone * :
Severity of Lupus when taking Oxycodone ** :
How people recovered from Lupus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (10 people, 27.03%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 24.32%)
- Thrombocytopenia (7 people, 18.92%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 18.92%)
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 16.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (37 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (18 people, 48.65%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 40.54%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 37.84%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 35.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and lupus on
Do you have Lupus while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Lupus
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Lupus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Oxycontin, Neupro, Phenergan for a 55-year old woman with Pain - Back, Parkinson's Disease, Insomnia. The patient has Pain Exacerbated, Pain Threshold Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 71-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Heart Attack
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 59-year old man with Pain. The patient has Joint Pain
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Percocet for a 58-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.