Review: could Oxycodone cause Lupus (Systemic lupus erythematosus)?
Summary: Lupus is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
We study 25,936 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Lupus. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Lupus >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,299 Oxycodone users)
Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 13,111 Lupus patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 25,925 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 37 people (0.14%) have Lupus.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Lupus * :
Gender of people who have Lupus when taking Oxycodone * :
Age of people who have Lupus when taking Oxycodone * :
Severity of Lupus when taking Oxycodone ** :
How people recovered from Lupus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (10 people, 27.03%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 24.32%)
- Thrombocytopenia (7 people, 18.92%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 18.92%)
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 16.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (37 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (18 people, 48.65%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 40.54%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 37.84%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 35.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and lupus on
Do you have Lupus while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Lupus
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Lupus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.