Review: could Oxycodone cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 25,936 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 606 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Memory loss >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,299 Oxycodone users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Memory loss patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 606 people (2.34%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||13.95%||23.26%||11.63%||2.33%||11.63%||16.28%||20.93% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Oxycodone * :
|Memory loss||64.55%||35.45% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Oxycodone * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.58%||3.66%||8.09%||18.50%||35.65%||33.53% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||9.09%||54.55%||36.36%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (175 people, 28.88%)
- Depression (51 people, 8.42%)
- Hypertension (51 people, 8.42%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (49 people, 8.09%)
- Breast cancer (45 people, 7.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (606 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (234 people, 38.61%)
- Zometa (165 people, 27.23%)
- Aspirin (132 people, 21.78%)
- Neurontin (122 people, 20.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.