Review: could Oxycodone cause Night sweats?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 25,861 people who take Oxycodone. Among them, 176 have Night sweats. See who they are, when they have Night sweats and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Oxycodone (latest outcomes from 25,627 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain, acupuncture and pain. Commonly reported side effects of Oxycodone include pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain, pain, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Night sweats (sweating in night) (latest reports from 73,557 patients) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, acupuncture and pain, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 24,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 176 people (0.72%) have Night Sweats.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Night sweats * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Night sweats||16.67%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Oxycodone * :
|Night sweats||63.87%||36.13% |
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Oxycodone * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||1.21%||0.00%||1.82%||14.55%||22.42%||24.85%||35.15% |
Severity of Night sweats when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Night sweats ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (50 people, 28.41%)
- Breast cancer (17 people, 9.66%)
- Fungal infection (17 people, 9.66%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 9.66%)
- Metastases to bone (16 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (176 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (78 people, 44.32%)
- Ambien (60 people, 34.09%)
- Zometa (55 people, 31.25%)
- Aspirin (46 people, 26.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Oxycodone, Night sweats
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Oxycodone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Oxycodone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Oxycodone side effects from A to Z:
Browse Oxycodone drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (1 year ago):
I take one percoset at night and once in awhile advil
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Oxycodone, Night sweats
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
More reviews for: Oxycodone, Night sweats
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a patient with Lymphoma - Non-hodgkin's. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night)
More related studies for: Oxycodone, Night sweats
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.