Review: could Oxycodone cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 25,943 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,301 Oxycodone users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,694 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 129 people (0.50%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||73.76%||26.24% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.02%||25.44%||36.84%||30.70% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (85 people, 65.89%)
- Pain (32 people, 24.81%)
- Depression (15 people, 11.63%)
- Prophylaxis (10 people, 7.75%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (129 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (60 people, 46.51%)
- Prednisone (55 people, 42.64%)
- Humira (53 people, 41.09%)
- Folic acid (36 people, 27.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 71-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Heart Attack
- A study of side effects of Cardizem for a 50-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Ra
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 59-year old man with Pain. The patient has Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 25-year old man with Pain Management. The patient has Hiccups
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Percocet for a 58-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.