Review: could Oxycodone cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 25,936 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,299 Oxycodone users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,651 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 25,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 129 people (0.50%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||73.76%||26.24% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.02%||25.44%||36.84%||30.70% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (85 people, 65.89%)
- Pain (32 people, 24.81%)
- Depression (15 people, 11.63%)
- Prophylaxis (10 people, 7.75%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (129 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (60 people, 46.51%)
- Prednisone (55 people, 42.64%)
- Humira (53 people, 41.09%)
- Folic acid (36 people, 27.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Oxycodone and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Nardil for a 65-year old man with Pain - Back, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Depression
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 48-year old man with Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ms Contin, Opana Er, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 36-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.