Review: could Oxycodone cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 25,936 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,785 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Upset stomach >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,299 Oxycodone users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 25,925 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 1,784 people (6.88%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||60.96%||19.86%||4.11%||1.37%||6.16%||2.74%||4.79% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Oxycodone * :
|Upset stomach||50.03%||49.97% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Oxycodone * :
|Upset stomach||0.24%||1.39%||2.18%||7.13%||10.33%||17.46%||24.89%||36.37% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (545 people, 30.55%)
- Multiple myeloma (123 people, 6.89%)
- Hypertension (104 people, 5.83%)
- Depression (104 people, 5.83%)
- Back pain (93 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (1,784 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (508 people, 28.48%)
- Zometa (326 people, 18.27%)
- Aspirin (295 people, 16.54%)
- Neurontin (248 people, 13.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 48-year old man with Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.