Review: could Oxycodone cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Oxycodone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Depression.
We study 25,943 people who have side effects while taking Oxycodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Weight loss >>>
Oxycodone has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 27,301 Oxycodone users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Weight loss patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 25,943 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycodone. Among them, 111 people (0.43%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Oxycodone when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Oxycodone * :
|Weight loss||56.14%||43.86% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Oxycodone * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.00%||10.00%||30.00%||18.00%||35.00% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Oxycodone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (23 people, 20.72%)
- Breast cancer (20 people, 18.02%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 17.12%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 16.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (17 people, 15.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (111 people, 100.00%)
- Zometa (57 people, 51.35%)
- Aspirin (51 people, 45.95%)
- Lasix (48 people, 43.24%)
- Percocet (41 people, 36.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycodone and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Oxycodone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycodone and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Oxycodone
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cleocin for a 72-year old man with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 71-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Heart Attack
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 59-year old man with Pain. The patient has Joint Pain
Recent Oxycodone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
- Comparions of Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Spondylosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.