Review: could Oxycontin cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 41,174 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,898 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Anxiety >>>
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 42,301 Oxycontin users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 212,892 Anxiety patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 41,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 4,009 people (9.74%) have Anxiety.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Oxycontin * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Oxycontin * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (1,863 people, 46.47%)
- Multiple myeloma (272 people, 6.78%)
- Depression (247 people, 6.16%)
- Metastases to bone (231 people, 5.76%)
- Back pain (182 people, 4.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (1,283 people, 32.00%)
- Neurontin (1,192 people, 29.73%)
- Ambien (978 people, 24.40%)
- Percocet (834 people, 20.80%)
- Xanax (828 people, 20.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
I have been on oxycotin for 2 1/2 months 20 mg. I am suffering from severe anxiety attacks and don't know what to do. I just want to get off of this drug. It has greatly helped my back pain, but the anxiety is just not worth it.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycontin and anxiety on
Do you have Anxiety while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 54-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Percocet for a 58-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.