Review: could Oxycontin cause Brain damage?
Summary: Brain damage is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ultram, and have Pain.
We study 41,173 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Brain damage. Find out below who they are, when they have Brain damage and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Brain damage >>>
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 42,300 Oxycontin users)
Brain damage has been reported by people with depression, pain, arthritis, ill-defined disorder, back pain. (latest reports from 1,012 Brain damage patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 41,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 49 people (0.12%) have Brain Damage.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Brain damage * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Brain damage||61.90%||9.52%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Brain damage when taking Oxycontin * :
|Brain damage||37.50%||62.50% |
Age of people who have Brain damage when taking Oxycontin * :
|Brain damage||8.11%||0.00%||5.41%||10.81%||59.46%||8.11%||2.70%||5.41% |
Severity of Brain damage when taking Oxycontin ** :
How people recovered from Brain damage ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 46.94%)
- Back pain (6 people, 12.24%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 6.12%)
- Drug abuse (3 people, 6.12%)
- Neuroendocrine tumour (3 people, 6.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ultram (10 people, 20.41%)
- Alprazolam (9 people, 18.37%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 16.33%)
- Risperdal (7 people, 14.29%)
- Atrovent (7 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycontin and brain damage on
Do you have Brain Damage while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Brain Damage
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Brain Damage
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.