Home > Oxycontin > Confusion > Oxycontin and Confusion
Review: could Oxycontin cause Confusion?
We study 41,142 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 444 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Confusion >>>
Oxycontin (latest outcomes from 42,266 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Confusion (latest reports from 193,570 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 41,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 445 people (1.08%) have Confusion.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Oxycontin * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Oxycontin * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (119 people, 26.74%)
- Back pain (15 people, 3.37%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 3.37%)
- Cancer pain (14 people, 3.15%)
- Metastases to bone (14 people, 3.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (89 people, 20.00%)
- Xanax (66 people, 14.83%)
- Ambien (56 people, 12.58%)
- Ativan (51 people, 11.46%)
- Prednisone (44 people, 9.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Oxycontin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Oxycontin and have Confusion
- group for people who take Oxycontin
- group for people who have Confusion
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
On Oxycontin after surgery for broken femur.
From this study (9 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- I wanna know how fentanyl and oxycontin taken together like me works for patients?
I have been taking these meds. For the last 10months due to a auto accident that's happened in 1995!! And have bee in chronic Pain ever since, had to resign from my good paying job!! I could no longer work due to the constant pain...it took my Dr. And I over 3 yrs. To come up with this regimen to ev ...
More questions for: Oxycontin, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
More reviews for: Oxycontin, Confusion
On eHealthMe, Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Oxycontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Oxycontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Superficial
- Bed Wetting
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased