Review: could Oxycontin cause Eyes - sensitive to light (Photophobia)?
Summary: Eyes - sensitive to light is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Valium, and have Pain.
We study 41,169 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Eyes - sensitive to light. Find out below who they are, when they have Eyes - sensitive to light and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Eyes - sensitive to light >>>
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 42,298 Oxycontin users)
Eyes - sensitive to light
Eyes - sensitive to light (extreme sensitivity to light) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,103 Eyes - sensitive to light patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 41,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 105 people (0.26%) have Eyes - Sensitive To Light.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Eyes - sensitive to light * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||23.08%||7.69%||7.69%||53.85% |
Gender of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Oxycontin * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||63.89%||36.11% |
Age of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Oxycontin * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.11%||16.67%||51.11%||23.33%||7.78% |
Severity of Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Oxycontin ** :
How people recovered from Eyes - sensitive to light ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (84 people, 80.00%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 6.67%)
- Osteopenia (7 people, 6.67%)
- Cystitis (4 people, 3.81%)
- Quadriplegia (4 people, 3.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Valium (37 people, 35.24%)
- Xanax (37 people, 35.24%)
- Zoloft (33 people, 31.43%)
- Lortab (31 people, 29.52%)
- Neurontin (28 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eyes - Sensitive To Light while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Eyes - Sensitive To Light
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Simponi for a 56-year old man with Back Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Diabetes, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Lyrica, Aspirin for a 69-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Heart Disease. The patient has Light Sensitivity
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Levothyroxine Sodium, Paxil Cr, Oxycodone, Omeprazole for a 44-year old woman with Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, Degenerative Joint Disease, Gerd. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Swollen Eye Or Conjunctiva, Swollen Eyelid, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Gerd
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Lyrica, Namenda for a 53-year old man with Sunct Syndrome. The patient has Dizziness
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.