Home > Oxycontin > Heart pounding or racing > Oxycontin and Heart pounding or racing
Review: could Oxycontin cause Heart pounding or racing (Heart palpitations)?
We study 41,153 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 402 have Heart pounding or racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart pounding or racing and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Heart pounding or racing >>>
Oxycontin (latest outcomes from 42,275 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Heart pounding or racing
Heart pounding or racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,936 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 41,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 402 people (0.98%) have Heart Pounding Or Racing.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Heart pounding or racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart pounding or racing||8.93%||32.14%||13.39%||23.21%||19.64%||2.68%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Oxycontin * :
|Heart pounding or racing||50.66%||49.34% |
Age of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Oxycontin * :
|Heart pounding or racing||0.00%||0.00%||0.25%||5.00%||14.00%||26.00%||40.25%||14.50% |
Severity of Heart pounding or racing when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart pounding or racing||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart pounding or racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart pounding or racing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (176 people, 43.78%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 6.97%)
- Back pain (24 people, 5.97%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 4.23%)
- Breast cancer (14 people, 3.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (131 people, 32.59%)
- Neurontin (131 people, 32.59%)
- Xanax (122 people, 30.35%)
- Paxil (89 people, 22.14%)
- Vicodin (84 people, 20.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Pounding Or Racing while taking Oxycontin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Heart Pounding Or Racing
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Heart Pounding Or Racing
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have issues snoring from testosterone
I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan, had a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, 2005.JULY 28THlevels were extremely low. my V.A. doctor put me on testesterone 2011 BREAST CANCER, AUG 11TH 2012 HIT AND RUN ON MY MOTORCYCLE. DUE TO all the pain meds chemo, etcetera. MY testosterone. At first it was the best t ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Does bystolic cause loss of balance
bystolic causes dizzines, no balance, weak legs, fulllness in ears,heart pounding
- I wanna know how fentanyl and oxycontin taken together like me works for patients?
I have been taking these meds. For the last 10months due to a auto accident that's happened in 1995!! And have bee in chronic Pain ever since, had to resign from my good paying job!! I could no longer work due to the constant pain...it took my Dr. And I over 3 yrs. To come up with this regimen to ev ...
- I need to come of oxycontin and need a different pain med one that doesn't give you severe constipation or cause bone loss as i have severe ostio porosis and ostio arthritis
I also have Ostio porosis and don't know what to take for it it also is cronic like my arthritis I real want a pain med that is non adictive and doesn't cause bone loss a big ask but I don't know what to do as doctors don't seem to care
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
- Does soma stop tamsulosin from working if taken together
I was told taking these two meds counteract each other if taken together by a doctors assistant. Do they counter act each other?
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Does benicar hct cause sick sinus syndrome?
Feeling, tired, dizzy racing heart, feels like a panic attack at times
More questions for: Oxycontin, Heart pounding or racing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Mensis cycle and oxycontin
I have severe back injuries. When I lived in another state, I was put on oxycontin and immediately my menstrual cycle (period] stopped for 1 year. When I moved to another state, I stopped taking this drug and my period returned normal. I eventually had to go back on this drug, (oxycontin) and since ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
- Generic suboxone causing heart palpitations
I've been on the name brand Suboxone and recently was changed over to a generic Bupe/Naloxone and started having an extreme amount of heart palpitations three days after the switch. They began mildly and by the third day had increased to the point I had to stop taking it. Once I started taking the n ...
More reviews for: Oxycontin, Heart pounding or racing
On eHealthMe, Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Oxycontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Oxycontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Oxycontin, Heart pounding or racing
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Percocet, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Flexeril for a 62-year old woman who has Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Oxycodone for a 50-year old woman who has Knee Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Tikosyn, Oxycodone for a 80-year old man who has Ankle Pain
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Tramadol for a 44-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Oxycet for a 32-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Fentanyl Citrate for a 67-year old man who has Pain - Bones
More related comparison studies for: Oxycontin, Heart pounding or racing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.