Oxycontin and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,249 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
61,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 337 people (0.55%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 54.55 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.64 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.36 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.36 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 49.85 %
- male: 50.15 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.67 %
- 10-19: 0.34 %
- 20-29: 5.72 %
- 30-39: 6.73 %
- 40-49: 18.52 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 42.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (67 people, 19.88%)
- Preventive Health Care (33 people, 9.79%)
- Depression (27 people, 8.01%)
- Metastases To Bone (23 people, 6.82%)
- Diabetes (21 people, 6.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (121 people, 35.91%)
- Neurontin (93 people, 27.60%)
- Aredia (81 people, 24.04%)
- Lasix (75 people, 22.26%)
- Ambien (73 people, 21.66%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (142 people, 42.14%)
- Back Pain (119 people, 35.31%)
- Fatigue (118 people, 35.01%)
- Weakness (108 people, 32.05%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (107 people, 31.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Oxycontin?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Oxycontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 26,002 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Oxycontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Scheduled for shoulder replacement and had to cancel due to A1C being 8.2. It hasn't been that high in many years. I have been taking fortaeo for only about 6 months. Has anyone else seen an increase in their daily glucose testing or on their periodic A1C
I have follitus over my whole body... especalliy in my lower back.... i think im hyperglycimic now. As when i eat any bread or suger... i cannot stop sweating. I believe my mother had this but went untreated and she died from pancreas cancer. We both have infectiona in our hips n lowet ...
User reviews to the study
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
Started Gabbin Erin 2 days ago and am noticing my blood sugar is through the roof. I'm just on 1 tablet a day and will be increasing the dosage each week for the next 2 weeks to end up with 3 times a day. I'm nervous this will make my diabetes out of control