Review: could Oxycontin cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 41,173 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,729 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Rash >>>
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 42,300 Oxycontin users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,048 Rash patients)
On Mar, 19, 2015: 41,173 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 1,765 people (4.29%) have Rash.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Oxycontin * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Oxycontin * :
Severity of Rash when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (575 people, 32.58%)
- Breast cancer (185 people, 10.48%)
- Metastases to bone (181 people, 10.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (176 people, 9.97%)
- Hypertension (127 people, 7.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (641 people, 36.32%)
- Aredia (452 people, 25.61%)
- Neurontin (441 people, 24.99%)
- Ambien (407 people, 23.06%)
- Oxycodone hcl (391 people, 22.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of oxycontin and rash on
Do you have Rash while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Rash
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ramipril for a 42-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 48-year old man with Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Flovent Hfa for a 58-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Sertraline for a 53-year old man with Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Lip Dry, Burning Eyes, Rash Generalised
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.