Oxycontin and Rash - from FDA reports
Rash is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Rash with Oxycontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,249 people who have side effects when taking Oxycontin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
61,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin.
Among them, 2,407 people (3.93%) have Rash
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Oxycontin when people have Rash *:
- < 1 month: 45.26 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.98 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.02 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.6 %
- 10+ years: 3.45 %
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Oxycontin *:
- female: 54.06 %
- male: 45.94 %
Age of people who have Rash when taking Oxycontin *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.41 %
- 20-29: 2.07 %
- 30-39: 7.8 %
- 40-49: 22.16 %
- 50-59: 29.29 %
- 60+: 38.12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (237 people, 9.85%)
- Metastases To Bone (208 people, 8.64%)
- Breast Cancer (179 people, 7.44%)
- High Blood Pressure (155 people, 6.44%)
- Depression (124 people, 5.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (636 people, 26.42%)
- Aredia (420 people, 17.45%)
- Percocet (381 people, 15.83%)
- Ambien (361 people, 15.00%)
- Neurontin (352 people, 14.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (700 people, 29.08%)
- Nausea (650 people, 27.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (559 people, 23.22%)
- Depression (533 people, 22.14%)
- Fatigue (508 people, 21.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash when taking Oxycontin?
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 62,226 users)
Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 281,324 Rash patients).