Review: could Oxycontin cause Throat tightness?
Summary: Throat tightness is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 41,169 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Throat tightness. Find out below who they are, when they have Throat tightness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Throat tightness >>>
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 42,298 Oxycontin users)
Throat tightness has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 10,146 Throat tightness patients)
On Feb, 18, 2015: 41,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 71 people (0.17%) have Throat Tightness.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Throat tightness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Throat tightness||9.09%||18.18%||54.55%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin * :
|Throat tightness||46.15%||53.85% |
Age of people who have Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin * :
|Throat tightness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.41%||9.86%||19.72%||33.80%||35.21% |
Severity of Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Throat tightness||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Throat tightness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (37 people, 52.11%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 32.39%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 28.17%)
- Colon cancer (19 people, 26.76%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (17 people, 23.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (29 people, 40.85%)
- Percocet (23 people, 32.39%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 28.17%)
- Zometa (19 people, 26.76%)
- Ativan (16 people, 22.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Throat Tightness while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Throat Tightness
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Throat Tightness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Lyrica, Namenda for a 53-year old man with Sunct Syndrome. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Nucynta Er, Roxicodone for a 51-year old woman with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Pain. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a 29-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a 18-year old girl with Pain. The patient has Dizziness, Depression, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Recent Oxycontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.