Home > Oxycontin > Throat tightness > Oxycontin and Throat tightness
Review: could Oxycontin cause Throat tightness?
Summary: Throat tightness is found among people who take Oxycontin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 41,153 people who have side effects while taking Oxycontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Throat tightness. Find out below who they are, when they have Throat tightness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Throat tightness >>>
Oxycontin (latest outcomes from 42,278 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Throat tightness (latest reports from 42,697 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 41,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Oxycontin. Among them, 71 people (0.17%) have Throat Tightness.
Time on Oxycontin when people have Throat tightness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Throat tightness||9.09%||18.18%||54.55%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin * :
|Throat tightness||46.15%||53.85% |
Age of people who have Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin * :
|Throat tightness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.41%||9.86%||19.72%||33.80%||35.21% |
Severity of Throat tightness when taking Oxycontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Throat tightness||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Throat tightness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (37 people, 52.11%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 32.39%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 28.17%)
- Colon cancer (19 people, 26.76%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (17 people, 23.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (29 people, 40.85%)
- Percocet (23 people, 32.39%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 28.17%)
- Zometa (19 people, 26.76%)
- Ativan (16 people, 22.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Throat Tightness while taking Oxycontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Oxycontin and have Throat Tightness
- support group for people who take Oxycontin
- support group for people who have Throat Tightness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have issues snoring from testosterone
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Titanium Plates, Broken Bones, Back Issues,, Kenee Issues, and takes Testosterone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate)
I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan, had a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, 2005.JULY 28THlevels were extremely low. my V.A. doctor put me on testesterone 2011 BREAST CANCER, AUG 11TH 2012 HIT AND RUN ON MY MOTORCYCLE. DUE TO all the pain meds chemo, etcetera. MY testosterone. At first it was the best t ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- I wanna know how fentanyl and oxycontin taken together like me works for patients?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Chronic Neck, Knees, And Lower Back Pain, and takes Fentanyl-25, Oxycontin)
I have been taking these meds. For the last 10months due to a auto accident that's happened in 1995!! And have bee in chronic Pain ever since, had to resign from my good paying job!! I could no longer work due to the constant pain...it took my Dr. And I over 3 yrs. To come up with this regimen to ev ...
- I need to come of oxycontin and need a different pain med one that doesn't give you severe constipation or cause bone loss as i have severe ostio porosis and ostio arthritis
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Ostio Arthritis , and takes OxyContin )
I also have Ostio porosis and don't know what to take for it it also is cronic like my arthritis I real want a pain med that is non adictive and doesn't cause bone loss a big ask but I don't know what to do as doctors don't seem to care
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Thyroidectomy, Dry Socket, and takes Amoxicillin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxycodone)
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
More questions for: Oxycontin, Throat tightness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mensis cycle and oxycontin
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has No Menstrual Cycle And Oxycontin, No Menstrual Cycle , and takes Oxycontin)
I have severe back injuries. When I lived in another state, I was put on oxycontin and immediately my menstrual cycle (period] stopped for 1 year. When I moved to another state, I stopped taking this drug and my period returned normal. I eventually had to go back on this drug, (oxycontin) and since ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Herniated Intervertebral Disk 7 Total, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Periodontitis, and takes Cymbalta, Percocet, Oxycontin)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, and takes Oxycontin)
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Oxycontin, Throat tightness
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a patient with Back Injury. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Joint Stiffness
Comments: After sitting and trying to stand severe pain in creases of front joint of hip near groin. After taking a few steps pain lessens. Pain is there when I get out of bed or up during the night. This has started about 3 months ago and I had blood work done that said my aso titer is positive and ana scree ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Furosemide, Klor-con M10, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Tremor - Essential, Atypical Tn, Tn, On, & Gpn (neuralgias), Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Hemorrhoids, Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Welts
Comments: Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
More related studies for: Oxycontin, Throat tightness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.