Review: could Pantoprazole sodium cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Pantoprazole sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 13,062 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 197 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Back pain >>>
Pantoprazole sodium has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Pantoprazole sodium 13,266 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 13,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole sodium. Among them, 197 people (1.51%) have Back Pain.
Time on Pantoprazole sodium when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||68.42%||31.58%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Back pain||57.07%||42.93% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.31%||2.89%||9.25%||4.62%||24.86%||56.07% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 11.68%)
- Pain (15 people, 7.61%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 7.61%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 6.60%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (45 people, 22.84%)
- Aspirin (36 people, 18.27%)
- Fluconazole (30 people, 15.23%)
- Humira (28 people, 14.21%)
- Morphine sulfate (24 people, 12.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Pantoprazole Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
More questions for: Pantoprazole sodium, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has 1127 Tryglcerides After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, Ultra High Cholesterol Levels 334 Cholesterol After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, and takes Pantoprazole)
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
More reviews for: Pantoprazole sodium, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol, Colace, Protonix, Zometa, Aromasin, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with COPD, Constipation, Cancer - Breast, Cancer. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole for a patient with Help Hair And Nail Growth, Stomach Pain. The patient has Stomach Pain, Slow Heart Beat
Comments: I took my pills yesterday night before I went to bed and I was fine then around two hours later I got extremely tired. I also feel s if I could do anything. Before I fell asleep I could feel my heart beat getting slower.
More related studies for: Pantoprazole sodium, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.