Review: could Pantoprazole sodium cause Cerebrovascular accident (Stroke)?
Summary: Cerebrovascular accident is found among people who take Pantoprazole sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoarthritis.
We study 13,062 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 205 have Cerebrovascular accident. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebrovascular accident and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Cerebrovascular accident >>>
Pantoprazole sodium has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 13,266 Pantoprazole sodium users)
Cerebrovascular accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 103,852 Cerebrovascular accident patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 13,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole sodium. Among them, 205 people (1.57%) have Cerebrovascular Accident.
Time on Pantoprazole sodium when people have Cerebrovascular accident * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cerebrovascular accident||66.67%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cerebrovascular accident when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Cerebrovascular accident||65.22%||34.78% |
Age of people who have Cerebrovascular accident when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Cerebrovascular accident||0.58%||0.00%||0.00%||2.89%||0.58%||9.25%||15.61%||71.10% |
Severity of Cerebrovascular accident when taking Pantoprazole sodium ** :
How people recovered from Cerebrovascular accident ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoarthritis (23 people, 11.22%)
- Migraine (22 people, 10.73%)
- Epilepsy (21 people, 10.24%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 9.76%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (20 people, 9.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (60 people, 29.27%)
- Warfarin sodium (37 people, 18.05%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (34 people, 16.59%)
- Furosemide (34 people, 16.59%)
- Lisinopril (33 people, 16.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cerebrovascular Accident while taking Pantoprazole Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Cerebrovascular Accident
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium
- support group for people who have Cerebrovascular Accident
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pantoprazole Sodium for a 58-year old woman with Heartburn. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Clonazepam for a 39-year old woman with A.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pantoprazole, Sertraline for a 53-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Formication
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Indomethacin, Methotrexate, Remicade for a 41-year old man with Indomethacin, Gerd, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Muscle Spasms, Nerve Symptoms, Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Recent Pantoprazole sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.