Review: could Pantoprazole sodium cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Pantoprazole sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 13,062 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Muscle pain >>>
Pantoprazole sodium has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 13,266 Pantoprazole sodium users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle pain patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 13,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole sodium. Among them, 186 people (1.42%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Pantoprazole sodium when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||40.74%||40.74%||0.00%||3.70%||11.11%||3.70%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Muscle pain||53.93%||46.07% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||4.05%||23.65%||15.54%||54.05% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 10.75%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 9.68%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (15 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.91%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 4.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (31 people, 16.67%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 9.14%)
- Allopurinol (15 people, 8.06%)
- Acetaminophen (15 people, 8.06%)
- Actonel (14 people, 7.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Pantoprazole Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct, Pantoprazole for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Indigestion. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
Recent Pantoprazole sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.