Home > Pantoprazole sodium > Muscle pain > Pantoprazole sodium and Muscle pain
Review: could Pantoprazole sodium cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Pantoprazole sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 13,062 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Muscle pain >>>
Pantoprazole sodium (latest outcomes from 13,266 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 73,389 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 13,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole sodium. Among them, 186 people (1.42%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Pantoprazole sodium when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||40.74%||40.74%||0.00%||3.70%||11.11%||3.70%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Muscle pain||53.93%||46.07% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||4.05%||23.65%||15.54%||54.05% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Pantoprazole sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 10.75%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 9.68%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (15 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.91%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 4.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (31 people, 16.67%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 9.14%)
- Allopurinol (15 people, 8.06%)
- Acetaminophen (15 people, 8.06%)
- Actonel (14 people, 7.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Pantoprazole Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole sodium
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
More questions for: Pantoprazole sodium, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has 1127 Tryglcerides After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, Ultra High Cholesterol Levels 334 Cholesterol After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, and takes Pantoprazole)
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Mirena and iritis connection??
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Chronic Iritis, Intolerable Uterine Cramping /pain, and takes Mirena, Pantoprazole Sodium)
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Pantoprazole sodium, Muscle pain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol, Colace, Protonix, Zometa, Aromasin, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with COPD, Constipation, Cancer - Breast, Cancer. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Omeprazole Magnesium, Vyvanse for a patient with Aches - Leg, Reflux Gastritis, Add. The patient has Belly Ache, Muscle Aches
Comments: started vyvasnse last spring, started to get bizarre body aches and burning in ribs and back. All blood work comes back ok. I took myself off vyvanse in beginning for two weeks with no improvement so i went back on....
More related studies for: Pantoprazole sodium, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.