Review: could Pantoprazole cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Pantoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 29,080 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 944 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Abdominal pain >>>
Pantoprazole has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 29,746 Pantoprazole users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,259 Abdominal pain patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 29,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Among them, 944 people (3.25%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Pantoprazole when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||73.03%||14.61%||0.00%||5.62%||5.62%||1.12%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Pantoprazole * :
|Abdominal pain||63.61%||36.39% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Pantoprazole * :
|Abdominal pain||0.34%||0.23%||1.58%||6.90%||8.94%||14.14%||18.78%||49.10% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Pantoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||14.29%||42.86%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (102 people, 10.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (100 people, 10.59%)
- Pain (90 people, 9.53%)
- Crohn's disease (71 people, 7.52%)
- Prophylaxis (71 people, 7.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (355 people, 37.61%)
- Aspirin (186 people, 19.70%)
- Furosemide (117 people, 12.39%)
- Humira (108 people, 11.44%)
- Acetaminophen (98 people, 10.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pantoprazole and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Pantoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole
- support group for people who have Abdominal pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 25-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Stomach Pain, Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples), Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Menadione for a 33-year old woman with Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar), Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain, Vomiting Projectile
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Adderall, Viibryd, Nuvaring, Gabapentin, Protonix for a 31-year old woman with Insomnia, Attention Span, Depression, Birth Control, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain Upper
Recent Pantoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.