Home > Pantoprazole > Constipation > Pantoprazole and Constipation
Review: could Pantoprazole cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Pantoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have Pain.
We study 29,032 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 554 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Constipation >>>
Pantoprazole (latest outcomes from 29,696 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 15, 2014: 29,032 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Among them, 554 people (1.91%) have Constipation.
Time on Pantoprazole when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Pantoprazole * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Pantoprazole * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Pantoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (87 people, 15.70%)
- Constipation (59 people, 10.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (58 people, 10.47%)
- Hypertension (55 people, 9.93%)
- Prophylaxis (40 people, 7.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (213 people, 38.45%)
- Aspirin (120 people, 21.66%)
- Zometa (84 people, 15.16%)
- Lorazepam (78 people, 14.08%)
- Furosemide (74 people, 13.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Pantoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole
- support group for people who have Constipation
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
More questions for: Pantoprazole, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has 1127 Tryglcerides After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, Ultra High Cholesterol Levels 334 Cholesterol After 7 Months Daily 40 Mg, and takes Pantoprazole)
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
More reviews for: Pantoprazole, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of side effects of Pantoprazole for a patient with Stomach Issues From Busperione. The patient has Neck Tightness
Comments: panic feeling with neck and shoulder tightness
- A study of side effects of Protonix for a patient with GERD. The patient has Prostatic Specific Antigen Abnormal
Comments: Still on the drug.
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Plavix, Carvedilol for a patient with Acid Reflux, Stent, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hyperventilation
Comments: Resperation is at 22-24 during sleep, normal of 12 during the day. I wake up during the night with rapid heartbeat due to the hyperventilation
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Swelling, Redness And Numbness On Foot And Toes
Comments: Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, redness and numbness started with a quick onset
More related studies for: Pantoprazole, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.