Review: could Pantoprazole cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Pantoprazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 29,080 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 188 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have High blood sugar >>>
Pantoprazole has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 29,748 Pantoprazole users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 29,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Among them, 188 people (0.65%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Pantoprazole when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||33.33%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Pantoprazole * :
|High blood sugar||46.03%||53.97% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Pantoprazole * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||1.79%||3.57%||5.36%||21.43%||13.10%||54.76% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Pantoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (28 people, 14.89%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (17 people, 9.04%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.85%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 5.32%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 5.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (83 people, 44.15%)
- Aspirin (51 people, 27.13%)
- Lantus (40 people, 21.28%)
- Lasix (36 people, 19.15%)
- Potassium chloride (31 people, 16.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pantoprazole and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Pantoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct, Pantoprazole for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Indigestion. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
Recent Pantoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.