Review: could Pantoprazole cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Pantoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 29,080 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Palpitations >>>
Pantoprazole has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 29,748 Pantoprazole users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,228 Palpitations patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 29,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Among them, 274 people (0.94%) have Palpitations.
Time on Pantoprazole when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Pantoprazole * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Pantoprazole * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Pantoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (20 people, 7.30%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (20 people, 7.30%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 5.11%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 4.38%)
- Blood cholesterol (11 people, 4.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (115 people, 41.97%)
- Aspirin (73 people, 26.64%)
- Digoxin (56 people, 20.44%)
- Protonix (45 people, 16.42%)
- Furosemide (41 people, 14.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations while taking Pantoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Celebrex for a 65-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Sulfadiazine for a 37-year old woman with Rheumatoid Factor Positive. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Pomegranate Extract for a 44-year old woman with Just Need Extra Good Nutrition From It.. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Recent Pantoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.